Family in the US? Fernández Álvarez (Langreo)

Researching our ancestors in Asturias & America.<br>
Investigando nuestros antepasados en Asturias y America

Moderators: svgev, Maria Garcia Alvarez, Moderators

César97

Family in the US? Fernández Álvarez (Langreo)

Post by César97 »

Hi! My name is César (Caesar in English) and I am 17 years old.
I've found this page and it's awesome! My mother is from Asturias, but my father is from the Canary Islands (where I live). I visit Asturias every year, I didnt born there, but I feel a real "Asturianu"! I love USA, this summer I went to New York, New a jersey and Boston, it was my dream since I was a child.

It's very interesting to know that people in the past have travelled to the U.S. and I can know them, maybe they haven't been in Asturias, but they feel proud to belong from Asturias.

I don't really know if my family went to the U.S. , but I know that my grandfather's relative went to Argentina, I don't know anything about them...

I would like if I have family in the U.S. Maybe it's possible to know it.
My grandmother's surname is "González Marin" and she was from Sama in Langreo (Cuenca del Nalón) she had a big family, but I don't know about them- where are them-

And my grandfather's name was "Fernández Álvarez" he was from La Felguera, Langreo (Cuenca eel Nalón) how I said, I know that relatives of him went to America.

I would love is somebody have information, thank you very much!
Regards,
César
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Welcome, César!

I've been surprised by how many people have found unknown family members on the forum. This often happens when someone does a search on their family name and stumbles on this site. You may want to add another message with more information about your family members' names, birth dates, spouses, children, etc. Anything you can share could be the clue that helps another person find you. There's more help here:
http://www.asturianus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2409

Also, you may want to translate your previous and next messages into Spanish, as well as English, so that people in Argentina or elsewhere are able to find you more easily. You can edit your message by clicking on the "edit" button.

Return to “Genealogy - Genealogía”