West Virginia Public Broadcasting To Air AsturianUS

Happenings of interest to forum participants.<br>
Sucesos de interés a foreros.

Moderator: Moderators

Ron Gonzalez

West Virginia Public Broadcasting To Air AsturianUS

Post by Ron Gonzalez »

Today I received a phone call from the News Director at West Virginia Public Broadcasting with good news. The documentary AsturianUS will be shown on October 18th at 10:00 PM
Ron Gonzalez

Post by Ron Gonzalez »

That should be October 18th at 10:00 PM
Bob

Post by Bob »

Thanks, Ron. To avoid confusion, I've corrected the date in the original message.
Ron Gonzalez

Post by Ron Gonzalez »

Just a little more on the documentary film AsturianUS . The entire film will be shown, unlike the last time you will see the full length of the film about one hour. I hope that there will be a big audience the Asturians of West Virginia ( Spelter) will celebrate there roots on October 18 at 10:00 PM
Eric Smith Fernandez

Post by Eric Smith Fernandez »

How about those members who live outside of WV? How can we obtain a copy of the film? I live in the St. Louis metropolitan area. I don't know if the film will be shown on PBS here. Can i write the station in WV to buy a copy? Or will Luis be selling any copies?

The reason i ask is because i, like many other members have ties to West Virginia. My Great-grandfather first came to the clarksburg area after arriving from Asturias. At least that is what his naturalization papers say.
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

I haven't spoken to Luis in a while, but when he was here earlier this year he said that getting ready to sell the film has been slow. But I think he is planning to sell copies. I'm pretty sure that the station can't sell them.

-------------------------

No he hablado con Luic hace un rato, pero cuando estuvo aquí antes este año nos dijo que las preparaciones para vender el documental avanzan lentamente. Pero creo que planea vender copias del film. Estoy casi seguro que el canal no puede venderlas.
Ron Gonzalez

Post by Ron Gonzalez »

I will see Luis in a few weeks I'll ask him about the sale of the film. I'll let you know.
Barbara Alonso Novellino

Post by Barbara Alonso Novellino »

I would be so interested in purchasing the film.

Please let me know if this is going to be possible.

I too have roots in West Virginia on both sides of my family. I spent childhoods in Moundsville and I have family in Clarksburg...so I would be so interested in seeing this film.

Thank you,

Barbara Alonso Novellino
Jim Muniz

Post by Jim Muniz »

I am also very interested in purchasing a copy of this film and would appreciate any information you can supply.

I did see the You Tube documentary and was pleasantly surprised to see my Uncle, Vic Gonzalez, on the documentary. Both of my grandparents immigrated to Anmoore. My family lived there until the early 60's when we then moved to Pennsylvania.

Thanks,

Jim Muniz
CarmenGA

Post by CarmenGA »

Después de ver el documental de Luis ARgeo ayer en la Universidad de Nueva York, le volvimos a preguntar por su comercialización y parece que todavía no está a la venta, pero no descarta que pueda venderse a medio plazo.

After watching it last night at NYU he was asked if it was available for sale, and although it isn´t right now, he hopes so.
Ron Gonzalez

Post by Ron Gonzalez »

CarmenGA,

I have been in contact with WVPBS. They told me that as soon as it becomes available they will let me know. As soon as they let me know, I will let everyone else know.
CarmenGA

Post by CarmenGA »

I am glad to hear that because many people seem interested in seeing it!
Jim Muniz

Post by Jim Muniz »

Ron,

Thanks for checking into this.

Jim
Barbara Alonso Novellino

Post by Barbara Alonso Novellino »

Ron,

I also Thank You...

Barbara Alonso Novellino :P
Eric Smith Fernandez

Post by Eric Smith Fernandez »