Ya he publicado mi libro

News about books, recordings, films, etc. related to Asturias.<br>
Noticias acerca de libros, discos, películas, etc. relacionados con Asturies.

Moderator: Moderators

Mouguias

Ya he publicado mi libro

Post by Mouguias »

Al fin he publicado "La Creacion del Mundo y Otros Mitos Asturianos". Lo he escrito, maquetado y publicado por mi cuenta, y ademas tambien he diseñado la cubierta.

El libro trata de recuperar las raices paganas de la tradicion oral asturiana, analizando gran cantidad de leyendas populares. Creo que es posible reconstruir algunos mitos de los antiguos astures, asi como descubrir en parte como fue el proceso de cristianizacion del pais.

De momento he estado distribuyendo el libro por las principales librerias de Oviedo, pero si hay alguien interesado tambien puede pedirmelo por email y se lo enviare contra reembolso.

---------------------
trans. Art

I've finally published "The Creation of the World and Other Asturian Myths." I've written, laid out, and published it on my own, and even designed the cover.

The book seeks to recover the pagan roots of Asturian oral culture, analyzing a large number of popular legends. I think it is possible to reconstruct some of the old myths of the Astures, as well as partially uncover the process of Christianization of the country.

So far I have been distributing the book through the major booksellers in Oviedo, but if there is anyone interested, they can also ask me for a copy by email and I'll send it to them COD. [Art: please verify the terms, I'm not sure it means the same thing in English.]
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Congratulations, Mouguias!

Perhaps you could list here the chapter titles or something like that to "wet our appetites" (increase our desire)?

----------------------

¡Enhorabuena, Mouguias!

¿Tal vez puedas listar aquí los títulos de los capítulos o algo parecido para crecer las ganas de leerlo?
is

Post by is »

I'm also interested in some of the myths you have researched. Could you post a chapter on the forum?
Bob

Post by Bob »

If we purchase the book directly from you, how can we pay you without your bank charging high fee for currency exchange and an American bank's check?
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Perhaps by PayPal?

¿Quizá con PayPal?
Mouguias

Post by Mouguias »

Pfew! I am at a loss on the matter of bank transfers, and that stuff. The best way that occurs to me is, wait until Art comes back here, put on him the errand to take the books to the US and then...nay, forget it. I just thought only someone from Asturias would be interested. Remember the book is in Spanish.
The book is divided in twenty chapters, which I have grouped in four parts.

Part I The old woman

1. There was once - The features of the Earth goddess, told in a nutshell as in a popular tale
2. The old woman - The search begins of the prints of the goddess in popular folk culture
3. The old woman across Europe - Celtic, Latin and Germanic equivalents of the Asturian "Vieya".
4. The old woman, New Year costumes and the 1st of February - There was a season of the year especially devoted to the old goddess
5. The old woman and Virgin Mary - Christianity and Paganism.
6. «The fleeing Virgin» - A misterious legend, dimly remembered, about a mighty woman who arrives from the sea
7. Orcabella - This tale was collected in the XVIth century
8. The origin of the Old Woman - ancient goddesses who basically are the same as our modern giantess.

Part II The boy

9. The great myth - also known as the regeneration myth
10. Asturies or the son of the old woman - Asturian versions of the former
11. The druid who floated over the water - The common man must die and be reborn as a superior being (a sage, a king, whatever). Tales exist in modern folklore which still remember the idea.
12. The whole myth and the primeval egg - Do Asturian changelings hold the last remnants of the tale of the creation of the Universe?
13. The good weeding woman and the harvest rites - a little known aspect of our tradition

Part III The king

14. Mimetic violence - why do mobs behave as mobs, and what does the former have to do with ancient myths
15. Xanas and kings (I) - There is a widely spread legend in Asturias, the Snake Woman, which keeps a fascinating secret inside
16. Xanas and kings (II). The bun and the mare - Basically the same as in the former, but now the legend is "The four-cornered bun".
17. The king`s death - The king must die in order that the crops grow stronger
18. The sacred king in non - mythological sources - what do archeologists think about all this?

Part IV The rider

19. The death cake - the bannock, the cursed pie which will determine who is to die and who is to live
20. Saint James, the divine rider - Saint James is, in Asturias, basically the same as Saint George in England and Saint Michael in the Slav countries: the Christian heir of the Pagan god of the skies.
Berodia

Post by Berodia »

Me parece muy interesante tu libro. Creo que supiste poner de relieve lo que muchos sabían o intuían, es decir la relación entre la mitología asturiana con la de países más al norte.

Lo que no sé es si la escasez de ejemplo provenientes del sur (he leído por ahora la primera parte) es una decisión tuya o bien se debe a que no existe allí mitos semejantes o se perdieron definitivamente.

Mis felicitaciones, no exentas de sana envidia, por quien tiene el talento, la voluntad, y el valor, de escribir y autoeditarse.

También leí la conclusión y me llamó mucho la atención la historia de la niña que se cae en un pozo. La tengo yo oída, pero no como cuento o leyenda, sino como sucesos "verídico". Tengo muy mala memoria y no recuerdo todos los detalles, pero la rapaza era de Inguanzo, y desapareció en el puerto de su pueblo, se supone que tras precipitarse por un torco. Y como no, aparecieron las perlas de su collar años después en una fuente del pueblo.

Saludos.
Briendes

Post by Briendes »

Enhorabuena por tu libro,yo he publicado uno el año pasado y estas navidades saldrá el segundo y se lo dificil que es hacer algo así.
Berodia

Post by Berodia »

Pues no te cortes, y dinos cuáles.
Briendes

Post by Briendes »

Las pasadas navidades publiqué "Recuerdos de Trubia"editado por la fundacion Alvargonzalez de Gijon.En el se incluyen 170 fotos antiguas de mi pueblo,la primera edicion de 500 ejemplares se agotó en un mes y se hizo una segunda tirada de otros 300 ejemplares que esta practicamente agotada.
El segundo libro esta en proceso de maquetacion previo a la imprenta,es un libro sobre la historia del Real Juvencia de Trubia que es el equipo de futbol de mi pueblo y tiene casi 90 años de historia.Sera editado por la editorial "La Cruz de Grado" y esta prevista una tirada inicial de 500 ejemplares que si no hay ningun retraso vera la luz a mediados de diciembre.
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

¿Tienes un eslabón de un página web sobre los libros?

------------

Do you have a link to a web page about the books?
Briendes

Post by Briendes »

Subo un par de enlaces sobre el libro,uno es del del periodico El Comercio cuando fué presentado y otro de la pagina de la libreria Cervantes de Oviedo.

http://www.elcomerciodigital.com/200912 ... 91223.html
http://www.cervantes.com/index.php?pag= ... 8461357475

Return to “Review/Recommendation - Crítica/recomendación”