Documental "Asturianus"

People, history, places, resources, & more.<br>
El pueblo, historia, lugares, recursos, & más.

Moderators: mariamatoyos, Moderators

Gauzon

Documental "Asturianus"

Post by Gauzon »

Hola a toos! esti ye'l primer mensaxe que pongo nesti foru. Quería preguntavos si teneis disponible pa descargar el documental "Asturianus" que fai unes selmanes emitieron nel Canal Historia de Telecable y que trataba sobre los trabayadores asturianos del zinc n'Arnáu (Castrillón) que fueron a trabayar a los EE.XX.

Nun pude velu les dos veces que lo emitieron y nun soi a alcontralu n'internet ¿lo teneis dalgunu de vosotros disponible pa descargar?

Gracies, un saludu!

----
Trans. Is

Hi everybody! This is my first message in the forum. I wanted to ask if any of you have a downloadable version of the Asturianus documentary that was shown on the History Channel of Telecable talking about the Asturian zinc workers that left Arnau (Castrillon) for the US.

I was unable to see it both times it was screened and I am unable to find it online. Do any of you have a version I can download?

Thanks. Greetings!
Lloyd

Post by Lloyd »

Wow, I'd enjoy seeing that also. Let me know if you locate it; I'll do some research also.
Lloyd Fernandez
San Antonio, Tx
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Luis' documentary is available for sale here in the US:
http://www.asturianus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2365
but I don't know if they'll send it to Asturias. Maybe.

---------------

El documental de Luis está en venta aquí en los EEUU:
http://www.asturianus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2365
pero no sé si lo enviará a Asturias. Quizá.
Lloyd

Post by Lloyd »

Art, does the DVD cover anything about the Cherryvale zinc plant where my relatives worked? Thanks.
Lloyd Fernandez
San Antonio, Tx
Bob

Post by Bob »

They should be willing to mail it to Asturias. The postage to send a CD is not expensive, but there is a customs form (available at the local post office) to be filled out. Essentially it just asks what is in the package.

I don't recall anything about Cherryvale on the CD.
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

I don't think there is anything about Cherryvale in the documentary. The filming occurred in Anmoore and Spelter, WV, and Donora, PA.

But, as I understand it, the Asturians involved in the zinc industry thought of themselves as one community. They communicated with each other, traveled to each others' fiestas, weddings, funerals, etc., and shared news about job opportunities. The experience of any of the locations would have had much in common with the others.

-------------------------------

No creo que hay algo sobre Cherryvale en el documental. El rodaje se produjo en Anmoore y Spelter, WV, y Donora, PA.

Pero, como lo entiendo, los asturianos que participaron en la industria del zinc se pensaban a sí mismos como una comunidad. Se comunicaban una comunidad con las otras, viajaron a las fiestas de las otras, sus bodas, sus funerales, etc., y compartieron noticias sobre oportunidades de empleo. La experiencia de cualquiera de los lugares que habría tenido mucho en común con los demás.

Return to “About Asturias - Sobre Asturies”