Cuantos castillos hay en Asturias

People, history, places, resources, & more.<br>
El pueblo, historia, lugares, recursos, & más.

Moderators: mariamatoyos, Moderators

Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Sí, es verdad, todavía la extraño la requeixon con miel. Y Puela me impresionó mucho. Cuando Is hablaba de comprar una finca allí, al principio me parecía ridículo, pero después de visitar intendo bien.

De verdad, pensaría en intercambiar. Pero Ron tiene una casa más bonita que la mía. Ayandés la gustaría suya más.

---------------------

Yes, it's true, I still miss requeixon with honey. (It's kind of like a thick yogurt or thin ricotta.) When Is told me that he was interested in buying a place there, at first it seemed like a crazy idea, but after visiting I understand perfectly.

Actually, I'd think about swapping. But Ron has a nicer house than I do. Ayandés would like his better.
Ayandés

Post by Ayandés »

Is, esas cousas meyor-y las cuento cuando vaiga pril.lí, sinón parez que pierde la gracia, hai que sentilas in situ.

Art, me expliqué mal, el palacio no funcionó como granja mientras vivían la nobleza allí. O mejor dicho, los nobles del palacio no trabajaron en ninguna granja. Ellos vendieron el edificio en el siglo XIX y funcionó como granja durante el siglo XX. Antes de eso tendría almacenes para alimentos pero la producción se realizaba en los alrededores. La casa que hay detrás del palacio, a unos 100 metros más o menos, estaba vinculada a él y tenía cuadra en la planta baja, por ejemplo.
Lo que no te sé decir es si tendrían algo de ganado o animales domésticos para la producción antes del siglo XX, quizás sí, pero como algo totalmente independiente de la zona residencial de los condes.

----
Trans. Is

Is, I rather tell him [Art] that kind of stories when he returns to Puela. If not, it doesn't feel right. You need to be there to feel it.

Art, perhaps I didn't express myself correctly. The palace did not function as a farm when the nobility lived in it. In other words, the noblemen never did farmwork. They sold the building in the 19th century and it was turned into a working farm during the 20th century. It might have had storage areas, but the bulk of food production was done in the surrounding areas.

The farmstead located about 100m away from the palace, which was kind of an adjunct structure, had a cowshed on the ground floor, for example. I couldn't tell you, however, if they had cattle [in the palace] prior to the 20th century. Maybe so, but the counts [of Penalba] would have segregated these areas from the residential wings.
is

Post by is »

Ayandes, nun tendras semeyas pa colgar eiqui de lu que hai dientro palaciu (calabozu, etc)? Ya tamien semeyas antiguas de la estructura?

----

Ayandes, do you have any pictures of the interior (dungeons, for example) of the palace that you could post here? Any old photographs?
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Gracias por la aclaración, Ayandés. ¡Tengo ganas de visitar!

-----------------

Thanks for the clarification, Ayandés. I'll be looking forward to a visit!
is

Doriga (County Salas, West Asturias)

Post by is »

When I first went off to college and returned to see my grandmother for the holidays, we took an ALSA bus out to Grau (Grado) and then another bus up to the Cabrunana pass, which dropped us off on the road to Doriga.

We then had to walk down along a beautiful country road with no cars and into the secluded valley of Doriga. At the bottom of the valley we found this castle-fort and my grandmother chatted up the then-owners. We visited inside and saw the 19th century bathrooms, for example. My parents still have the drawings I did of the palace. It's just another example of gentry residences/palaces in rural Asturias.

Here is a winter picture by someone called PAÑEDA of the castle-fort of Doriga, in County Salas (West Asturias).

Return to “About Asturias - Sobre Asturies”