Trisquel bar/pub - Investigación por libro - Book research

People, history, places, resources, & more.<br>
El pueblo, historia, lugares, recursos, & más.

Moderators: mariamatoyos, Moderators

Gregor. Scotland.

Trisquel bar/pub - Investigación por libro - Book research

Post by Gregor. Scotland. »

Is there anybody from Gijon that used the Trisquel pub in 1987. I am writing a book and need some info on local news in that year. Can anybody help.

------------------------

¿Hay alguien de Gijón que fue al bar "Trisquel" en el año 1987? Estoy escribiendo un libro y necesitan alguna información sobre noticias locales en ese año. ¿Puede ayudarme alguien?
is

Re: Trisquel bar/pub - Investigación por libro - Book resea

Post by is »

Is there anybody from Gijon that used the Trisquel pub in 1987?
I was in school visiting my grandmother that summer and I remember the Trisquel was on cai Pedro Duro, in one of those typically Central Asturian constructions of the postwar era. The building has since been torn down and replaced with quite an odd-looking brick residential building. The Trisquel is now under the arcades of Marques de S. Esteban with the same owner from 1987 (which I was initially very surprised about).

I remember a time when I invited friends to have frixuelos con nates a summer afternoon. They didn't know the place and all the Celtic stuff was new to them as Asturian fare was considered something you ate at home, but rarely in a restaurant and accompanied by bagpipes and fiddles. You may want to interview the owner--can't recall his name, but I know he speaks English.
Gregor. Scotland.

Trisquel

Post by Gregor. Scotland. »

Thanks for the reply. There was another bar called Centenario not sure of the spelling but there was a man who worked there who was a champion sidra pourer and he also sang tango beautifully. Do you remember anything about that??

Return to “About Asturias - Sobre Asturies”