Exposición fotográfica de Miki López

Happenings of interest to forum participants.<br>
Sucesos de interés a foreros.

Moderator: Moderators

Anuska

Exposición fotográfica de Miki López

Post by Anuska »

Hola a todos:

Desde ayer se puede visitar en el Centro Municipal de Arte y Exposiciones de Avilés una exposición fotográfica del fotógrafo sotobarquense Miki López titulada "Asturias, siglo XXI".

La muestra está formada por 95 fotografías que captan distintos momentos, paisajes y paisanajes del territorio asturiano. Es una selección de las 90.000 que sacó en total, de las que parte pueden verse (concejo por concejo) en la página de La Nueva España, periódico para el que trabaja.

Esta es la dirección del Centro Municipal de Arte y Exposiciones de Avilés:
CMAE
Llano Ponte, 49 (Bajo)
33402 Avilés.
Tlfno: 985 12 90 04
Horario de apertura: De lunes a sábado 11:00-13:00 y de 18:00-21:00
Domingos y festivos cerrado.

Este es el enlace a todas las fotografías a través de internet:
http://mas.lne.es/asturias/

Y por cierto: ¿Sabéis a quién conocí ayer en la inauguración? No os lo vais a creer. A NUESTRO IS, que se tomó la molestia de acercarse a Avilés para ver la exposición. Aún estoy que no me lo creo. Fue una auténtica y agradabilísima sorpresa.

¡Ah! Si alguno va a ver la expo que pregunte por mí (si le apetece). Es que yo trabajo en el CMAE.

Saludos,
Ana

----------------------------------------------------------------
Hello everybody!

Since yesterday we can visit Miki López's photographic exhibition (he's from Soto del Barco) “Asturias, siglo XXI” at Centro Municipal de Arte y Exposiciones de Avilés.

The exhibition is composed by 95 photos showing different moments, landscapes and people of Asturias. It is a selection made out of the 90,000 photos he took and which we can enjoy (divided in counties) in the webpage of La Nueva España, the newspaper he works for.

The address of the Centro Municipal de Arte y Exposiciones de Avilés:
CMAE
Llano Ponte, 49 (Bajo)
33402 Avilés.
Tlfno: 985 12 90 04
Mail: centroarte@ayto-aviles.es
Opening hours: Mon. to Tues. 11:00-13:00 and 18:00-21:00
Closed on Sundays and festivities.

This is the link to all the photos through internet:
http://mas.lne.es/asturias/

By the way. You'd never imagine who I met yesterday at the opening of the exhibition. You'd never believe it! I MET IS, OUR IS. He was so kind to travel to Avilés to go to the opening. I still can't believe myself I've met him there. It's been a great and really nice surprise!

Hey! If any of you go to visit the expo, ask for me (if you feel like it). I work at the CMAE.

Best regards,
Ana
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Vaya, no sabía nada de CMAE antes. Gracias, Ana, por decirnos. Hay una mapa de la ubicación aquí:
http://www.tagzania.com/item/15287

¡IS es nuestro "Zelig"! ¡Va por todas partes! (Aunque Paul no es un camaleón.)

-------------------

Wow, I didn't konw anything about CMAE before this. Thanks, Ana, for telling us. There's a map of it's location here:
http://www.tagzania.com/item/15287

IS is our "Zelig"! He pops up in everywhere! (Although Paul is definitely not a chameleon.)
Last edited by Art on Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anuska

Post by Anuska »

¡Hola Art!

Son muchas las personas (del mismo Avilés) que no conocen el CMAE. Abrió sus puertas hace 5 años (serán 6 en mayo del año que viene). Yo llevo trabajando aquí 3 años y medio.

Es una sala de exposiciones muy amplia (118 metros lineales expositivos), además de contar con un salón de actos para conferencias, charlas, conciertos... La utilizan varios grupos de teatro para ensayar. También vienen a ensayar aquí los chicos de la Bandina, con los que estamos encantados. Son nuestro hilo musical particular :-)

El otro día me decía Is cómo es que no había dicho que trabajaba aquí, y es que, en realidad, no había surgido.

La exposición anterior a la de Miki fue la de la 14ª edición del Certamen San Agustín Cerámica y tuvimos una expo con obras de Chillida, Tàpies y Barceló que resultó todo un éxito.

Todos los años en agosto tenemos la exposición del certamen San Agustín Cerámica. Y el resto del año expos de pintura, escultura, fotografía, instalaciones, etc. De todo un poco, muy variado, pero siempre muy interesante y bien seleccionado. Está considerada como una de las salas dedicadas al arte contemporáneo más potentes de Asturias. Y todo gracias a Ramón Rodríguez, que fue su director hasta el pasado enero, fecha en que se jubiló. Ahora el responsable de programación es Jorge Iván Argiz.

Y después estamos Pablo (mi compañero de trabajo) y yo, que nos encargamos de montar y desmontar las exposiciones y de abrir el centro.

Es cierto que son muchos los avilesinos que aún no lo conocen y es una pena, porque estamos a sólo 5 minutos de la Plaza España. Otros dicen que estamos muy lejos. ¡Fíjate tú! Porque después, a la gente no le importa nada coger el coche para ir a un centro comercial. ¡En fin! Cada uno es muy libre de hacer lo que crea conveniente.

Yo desde aquí, os animo a que vengáis y aprovechéis (hasta el 21) para ver la expo de Miki, que es una maravilla.

Saludos,

Ana
is

Post by is »

The photographs of Miki Lopez are truly superb. As with any kind of art (film, literature), his photographs capture scenes that we may have dreamed of or imagined, but have never seen on a wall as an object that makes your mind travel.

I not only liked the photographs that evoke the transition of the Asturian countryside into the 21st century, with kids speaking on cell phones while wearing wooden clogs, but also the snapshot quality of many of them. Miki told me that he finds his pictures by stopping his car or motorcycle on a wayside and setting off on country roads.

As Ana Lombao said above, it was a huge surprise to knock on the gallery door 2 hours before the opening and have her answer!

When she asked whether I had come a long way, I hesitated for a minute and then blurted the word ´Paris´ (I had been there the day before with a friend, but had gotten the date wrong). As soon as I said the word ´Paris´, she asked me if I was Paul.

You can imagine how dumbstruck I was. Ana then let me into the gallery and introduced me to the curator and her boyfriend, who was hanging the final pictures on the wall. Thank you, Ana--meeting you that way was certainly the best way possible.

At the opening, I also met Xose Anton Ambas, the ethnomusicologist who has the show Camin de Cantares on Asturian public television. He and Miki Lopez used to play together in the 1990s in a band called N´Arba.

Ana, how do you say "It´s a small world" in Asturian?
Anuska

Post by Anuska »

Hi Is!

I'd say (and I must confess I really know very little of Asturian): el mundo ye muy chiquitín :lol:

When you say boyfriend, do you mean we work together or we are more than friends...? 'Cos Juan and I just work together :lol:

I'll post a photo of Tato (my boyfriend) and me as soon as I'll learn how to do it.

Best regards,
Ana
Bob

Post by Bob »

Whatever the relationship between you and Juan (coworkers or boyfriend/girlfriend, whatever), I hope to meet you both next year. Avilés is one of my favorite cities, and I have very fond memories of it.

I have told my granddaughters (ages six and eight) that their grandmother and I will take them to Asturias for a few weeks when their language skills are good enough, which has caused them both to redouble their efforts. They are both enrolled in the same school. Spanish is part of the curriculum, and after the first few years some courses (e.g., mathematics) are taught in Spanish. One of the girls just started there this fall, two years late, but is already caught up on her language skills in only thee months.
is

Post by is »

Ana Lombao wrote:When you say boyfriend, do you mean we work together or we are more than friends...? 'Cos Juan and I just work together :lol:
Sorry, that was my mistake and I must have misunderstood you. Juan is just your co-worker or colleague, and not a boyfriend (!).

You´re right about people not knowing CMAE even in Aviles. We had a hard time finding it the first night even after asking at the tourist office near the central square.

As Bob says, I had never been in the old streets of Aviles and was quite impressed by how beautiful it was.

Return to “Events - Acontecimientos”