Seeking cousins: Francisco (Quico) Suárez Molina, Donora PA

Researching our ancestors in Asturias & America.<br>
Investigando nuestros antepasados en Asturias y America

Moderators: svgev, Maria Garcia Alvarez, Moderators

suarez

Seeking cousins: Francisco (Quico) Suárez Molina, Donora PA

Post by suarez »

[Art: English version below]

Me gustaría contactar con mis primos en America. Un hermano de mi madre llamado Francisco Suárez Molina (Quico) casado con Aurora tuvo varios hijos y vivia en Donora.

Creo que uno de sus hijos se llama Gabino y otro Jesús, un hijo o nieto era dentista. Adjunto una foto de Jesús sentado con su esposa Julia y una de sus nietas.

Otra foto es de su padre Quico con su esposa y un hijo. Su dirección en el año 1948 era 851 McKean ave, Donora PA.

También vivió en Donora otra hermana de mi madre, Consuelo Suárez Molina, casada con Cándido. Adjunto foto del matrimonio con sus hijos.

Me seria muy grato saber de ellos.

----------------------------
trans. Art

I would like to contact my cousins in America. A brother of my mother, called Francisco (Quico) Suárez Molina was married to Aurora and lived with several children in Donora, PA.

I think that one of his sons is named Gabino and another Jesus. One son or grandson was a dentist. Attached below is a picture of Jesus sitting with his wife Julia, and one of his granddaughters.

Another of the photos is of her father Quico with his wife and a son. His address was 851 McKean Ave, Donora, PA in 1948.

Also living in Donora was another sister of my mother, Consuelo Molina Suarez, who was married to Candido. I've posted below a photo of that couple with their children, too.

I would be very pleased to learn more about them.
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

¡Bienvenido, José Ramón!

Gracias por pegar esas fotos tan encantadoras. Espero que encuentres a tus primos.

--------------------------

Welcome, José Ramón!

Thanks for posting those charming photos. I hope you find your cousins.
Pedro Mateo Suárez

Post by Pedro Mateo Suárez »

Mi bisabuelo es de nombre Francisco Suárez y mi abuelo es Constantino Suárez Méndez nació 1896 en Sampol-Oviedo-Asturias-España quizás y tengamos algún parentezco; también tengo a mi otro bisabuelo Manuel Suárez y mi abuela Placeres Antonia Suárez Méndez nació 1895 en Navia-Asturias-España el nombre de los otros hermanos de mi abuela son Manuel, Balbina, Luisa Suárez Méndez.
Saludos,
Pedro.
suarez

Post by suarez »

Hola Pedro: Me ha agradado mucho recibir tu mensaje. Mi tío Francisco Suárez (Quico) nació en Salinas, concejo de Castrillón en Asturias, calculo que hacia el año1.888 y emigró a America antes de 1.913. Marcharon dos hermanos y dos hermanas. Los hermanos eran él e Inocencio, que murió muy joven y las hermanas Consuelo y Benigna. No creo que seamos parientes. Lo lamento, ya que me gustaría encontrar a mis primos.
Recibe un afectuoso saludo.
carol k

Post by carol k »

My name is Carol Kowall and my great grand parents are Jose and Josefa Frenandez. I believe our Geat grandparents were friends and may have been related. They lived at 990 Meldon Avenue which would be just a few doors from the address of your great grandparents. Also, I have may old photographs and I know there was an Aurora who was a good friend. I will check the photes and see if they may be your great grand parents. Some of those photographs are inscribed to my great grandmother "to my cousin" from Aurora. The Spanish community at that time was very close and they surely were friends. DO you have the dates of birth and death of your Great grand parents and your grandparents? I knowour family was from Pierdas Blancas in Avilles.

Carol Kowall
msuarez

Post by msuarez »

My grandparents, Ovidio Suarez-Garcia and Mary Suarez-Lopez spoke of cousins in Donora, PA. They regularly visited them.

Below is what I know of the family tree for my grandparents. Perhaps it matches with your family.

Good Luck,
Mark

.....................................Manuel Suarez
............Evaristo Suarez.<.Ramona Prendes
Ovidio<
............Maria Garcia....< Bernard Garcia
.....................................Etelvina Gonzalez

.....................................Manuel Suarez
............Manuel Suarez <.Ramona Bango
Mary <
...........Etelvina Lopez <.Jose Lopez
....................................Teresa Suarez
rosiejan

Re: Seeking cousins: Francisco (Quico) Suárez Molina, Donor

Post by rosiejan »

Hello, Jose Ramon - I am sitting here with tears running down my face. The photo above is of my Grandma Consuelo and My grandpa Candido with their sons, my Uncle Gavino, Unle Ramon, Uncle Jose, Uncle Manuel, and my father, Julius. If Conseulo was your aunt, my father, Julius, was your cousin. My father passed away in 1970 and I have been so anxious to learn more about the paternal side of my family. I saw in his guest book for his funeral there was an Aurora Suarez, Louis Suarez and Cesar Suarez. I also found the ship's manifest from when Grandma Conseulo and Grandpa Candido came over with 3 of the boys and they went to stay with Francisco Suarez. Their address for many, many years was 666 Thompson Ave., Donora. Grandpa Candido passed away before I was born. Grandma Conseulo passed away when I was 12...She lived with us for a while. Please please write me so we can talk! My name is Janice Alvarez. .... I am so happy to have found you!!!

P.S. I also found tonight my cousin Alan (Gavino's son), my cousin Elayne (Gavino's daughter), my cousin Art (Jose's son) and my uncle Manuel, who is the last of the brothers still alive and living in West Palm Beach FL, so you do have a remaining cousin in America. I have a lot of family history and information to share with you and am so looking forward to meeting you, I'm hoping you see this!!! I'm new here, therefore not able to email you yet.

[Art: I removed the email address. Emails are not allowed in the forum. It's one way we can help reduce spam.]
suarez

Post by suarez »

Dear cousin Janice:

It has been very exciting for me to receive your letter. For many years I wanted to know to my family of America, but I have not been able until I knew of this forum in a TV program that about Asturians in Donora. Your great-grandfathers were Ramon Suárez Moro and Nicolasa Molina Galán. I did not know them, because my mother was the youngest of the siblings. She was born in 1.913, when Francisco and Console were already in America. They were 10 brothers: Consuelo, Francisco, Inocencio, Benigno, Jose, Purification, Asuncion, Serafín, Ramon and Edelmira "Lola" who was my mother. All of them have already passed away, my mother who was the last one died two years ago. You have here a lot of cousins. I will enumerate them to you and tell things about them. They also will be been delighted to know about you. My mother did not know personally neither your grandmother Consuelo nor to our uncle Francisco. They wrote each other letters during many years. I remember when I was a child the letters that she wrote and those which came from America. I am already new in the forum, so I can’t write e-mails yet. I attach a pic of my mother and another one of myself.

With best wishes!!!

P.S. My English is not very strong, my son is translating this message.

suarez

Post by suarez »

Dear Carol:

Thank you very much for your message. It seems that we are not directly related.
Today, thanks to you, I have received a message from my cousin Janice. I live in Aviles, near Piedras Blancas. Ask me anything you would like to know from here. I will be delighted to inform you.
I am very pleased to know you.

Best regards.
rosiejan

SEEKING COUSINS: FRANCISCO (QUICO) SUAREZ MOLINA DONORA PA

Post by rosiejan »

Hello, Jose Ramon! My Spanish is not very strong, either, but we'll manage :) It is so wonderful to hear from you! I had no idea my grandmother had so many siblings. I'm very anxious to hear about all of my second and third cousins. I haven't figured out on the forum how to post pictures yet, when I do I will attach a photo of grandma Consuelo and grandpa Candido and my father, Julio (later, Julius) that was taken in the 1950s. I'm sorry to hear of your mother's passing. My father passed in 1970 when I was 16 years old and we lost touch with his family after. I've been very anxious to learn more about him and his life and family. You have a first cousin here, Manuel, living in West Palm Beach FL - I am in the process of obtaining his address and will pass it on to you. This is VERY exciting! Much love to you, Janice Alvarez.
suarez

Post by suarez »

Hello Mark:

At first sight the names of you family tree are not familiar to me. Do you have any more information about them?, do you know from which village did your Asturian ancestors come from?.

Best regards.
suarez

Post by suarez »

Dear cousin:

I am also very excited!. I will try to send my next message to your e-mail. I have the whole family tree in an excel file, can you receive it?. I will send you more pics to show you my family, and also pics of Salinas, the birth place of your grandmother. I will be delighted if you can provide me Manuel's address, and of course yourself, and also a telephone contact. My address is:

Jose Ramon Garcia Suarez
Barrio Jardin de la Maruca, Calle B, 57
CP 33401
Aviles
Spain

I am 63 years old. I am married and have a son 29 years old.

My phone is 34 985 56 53 99

Best wishes for you!!!
rosiejan

SEEKING COUSINS: FRANCISCO (QUIC0) SUAREZ MOLINA DONORA PA

Post by rosiejan »

Hello again Cousin Jose Ramon! I would very VERY much love to have the family tree! I don't know if we are able to email yet, I'm trying to arrange that. I'm married, 54 years old, no children. My name, address and phone is:

Janice Alvarez Herberger
140 Birch Drive
Painesville, Ohio 44077
(440)357-9170

I am very anxious to talk more in depth with you and learn more! For years, I have wanted to make a trip to my grandparents homeland, and didn't know where to begin or where they were from. Not only do I now know, but I also have many cousins to meet!!!
msuarez

Post by msuarez »

suarez wrote:Hello Mark:

At first sight the names of you family tree are not familiar to me. Do you have any more information about them?, do you know from which village did your Asturian ancestors come from?.

Best regards.
As far as I know, Evaristo Suárez and Maria García lived in Aboño and Manuel Suárez and Etelvina Lopéz lived in Piedras Blancas. I don't know where my great-great grandparents lived.

Regards,
Mark
suarez

Post by suarez »

Hello Janice:

I have sent you an e-mail, have you received it?.

With love.

Jose Ramon

Return to “Genealogy - Genealogía”