Immigration to Asturias

Asturian cultural identity, Spanish nationality, & return to Asturias: legal, social, & personal aspects.<br>
Identidad cultural asturiana, nacionalidad española, y regreso a Asturias: cuestiones legales, sociales, y personales.

Moderator: Moderators

diannachiles

Immigration to Asturias

Post by diannachiles »

Hello,

I'm so glad to find this site. Hopefully someone can help. I am a US citizen married to a US citizen born of two Asturianos. We are interested in immigrating to Asturias to be with his family & possibly open a business. What would be our options for citizenships and/or work visas?? Thanks in advance!
Terechu

Post by Terechu »

Here's a list of all Spanish Consulates in the USA. Contact the one nearest you to see what paperwork is required for them to issue a residence permit (probably original birth certificate of your husband's parents will be required).
After one year of legal residence in Spain your husband can apply for citizenship here, and you being the spouse, will be eligible after 2 years, I believe. But check with the Consulate before you do anything.

http://www.embajada-online.com/consulad ... 21E195.htm
tierradenadie

Post by tierradenadie »

Terechu wrote: After one year of legal residence in Spain your husband can apply for citizenship here,

hola diannachiles,
hola terechu,

¡caramba! sólo tarde un año? y entonces se arroja un carné a alguien? la mama españa es tan ansioso a atraer más bocas (/manos/...)? tasa de natalidad tan fatal? servus, peter
diannachiles

Thank You

Post by diannachiles »

Thanks for all of your help. I didn't realize it but I spoke with my husband & he got his spanish passport a couple of years ago. So, I guess it makes things a bit easier. It sounds like it's just a waiting game as is the case everywhere. Will I need to return to the US during my two year waiting period? My husband is great but I know that I'll definitely need to be in charge of making all the appropriate "paperwork" arrangements. So, I only need to go to Spanish consulate before our move? Also, my husband's family is from Cabrales, Berodia. Any insight on transition from here (NJ) to there??

Return to “Identity, Nation, Return - Identidad, país, vuelta”