Martinez Menendez from Posada de Llanera

Researching our ancestors in Asturias & America.<br>
Investigando nuestros antepasados en Asturias y America

Moderators: svgev, Maria Garcia Alvarez, Moderators

Tino

Martinez Menendez from Posada de Llanera

Post by Tino »

My name is Raymond Celestino Menendez Martinez, (Tino) and my father was Celestino Menendez Martinez. My Father came from Posa de llanera and was from a large family. He was born in 1902 and died in Canton, Ohio in 1985. He came to the U.S. when he was 17 years old and had a brother who went to Cuba. I was in the Air Force at Torrejon AFB during 1962 & 1963. At that time I visited my uncle Lauriano and his family in Posada de llanera. I had a cousin who also had the nick name Tino and he had a sister who was married and I think lived in Aviles. I'm just trying to contact some family.
Carlos

Relatives

Post by Carlos »

Hi, Tino. I located easily to your family in Asturias, succeeded in the first one and I have just spoken with them. I am sorry to say to you that Laureano died in November, 2002. Nevertheless I spoke with your cousin Yolanda, who soon will be contacted by you across this forum, of which I gave to her the URL.

If you want to write or to telephone her, I can send you her address and phone number.

I am happy to be able to help you.

Regards. 8)
Tino

Carlos--A BIG, BIG THANKS TO YOU

Post by Tino »

Carlos, I'm not very good with the internet but have been trying to find a way to contact my family for a long time.

I don't speak Spanish so I cannot call until I have someone who can translate for me. I am so anxious to hear from my cousin.

Thank you again.

Tino
Sweeney

language

Post by Sweeney »

Dear Tino:

I have the same language problem. I do not speak Spanish and my cousins in Spain do not speak English. The easiest way to communicate is by email.

I use one of the free translator programs found on the internet ( such as: http://world.altavista.com/) and write out my message in English and then ask for a Spanish translation. I then highlight and copy the Spanish translation and paste it onto an email to my cousin.

When my cousin writes back I highlight and copy his message and paste it into the translator program and have it translate it into English.

The translator is not perfect, but my cousins say they understand what I am saying and I can understand their messages. It is a lot easier than trying to get somebody to translate for you.

It may sound complicated but it is very easy. Good luck! 8)
Donna

Return to “Genealogy - Genealogía”