About Asturias Page / Página Sobre Asturias

Topics that are out of date or are no longer of interest.<br>
Temas que son anticuado o ya no tienen intéres.

Moderator: Moderators

Art
Site Admin

About Asturias Page / Página Sobre Asturias

Post by Art »

Antonblimea, one of our members recently pointed out that we had called Asturias a "province" on the home page, but that Asturias is now a "Comunidad Autónomo". In American English, we may not have a good phrase to describe this. (If someone can think of one, please let us know.) "Autonomous Community" sounds like goobly-gook to Americans. We have changed the term to "region," since this word doesn't have the same negative assumptions as "province."

Well, that's the minor news. The larger news is that we really need one or more pages that describe Asturias. Suronda, Bob, and I had originally planned to write these ourselves but I'm guessing that we're not the best people to write it. We're still learning about Asturias! Those who have lived in Asturias might be much better at writing these pages.

We see these About Asturias pages as being very important if we're to get out the word about Asturias and promote Asturian culture. In the US, Asturias is barely known. Most Americans have never heard of it. It's also fair to say that many of our Asturian-American cousins couldn't tell you the name of the homeland!

So...is there a small group of people who would be willing to contribute to this new section of the site? I would be willing to help coordinate it, or would be glad to work with someone else, too. Let's discuss the possibilities!

Just to begin the discussion, I'd like to see a page that discusses:
  • the language
  • the landscape
  • the foods
  • the history
  • the music
  • the arts
  • the literature
  • folklore
What else might the page(s) talk about?

The new About Asturias page(s), like the rest of the site (the non-forum part), will be available in English, Castellano, and hopefully Asturianu. Antonblimea is working on translation already. I'm hoping we'll get another volunteer or two to help him, too.

-----------
translated by Art & Reverso

Antonblimea, uno de nuestros miembros recientemente advirtió que nosotros habíamos llamado "una provincia" a Asturias en la página inicial, pero que Asturias es ahora un " Comunidad Autónomo ". En el inglés americano, no podemos tener una frase buena para describir esto. (Si alguien puede pensar de una frase, por favor avísenos.) " la Comunidad Autónoma " suena como goobly-gook a Americanos. Hemos cambiado el término " a la región, " ya que esta palabra no tiene las mismas asunciones negativas que " la provincia. "

Bien, esto es las noticias menores. Las noticias más grandes son que realmente necesitamos una o varias páginas que describen Asturias. Suronda, Bob, y yo al principio había planeado escribir estas nosotros mismos pero adivino que no somos las mejores personas para escribirlas. ¡Todavía aprendemos de Asturias! Los quienes han vivido en Asturias podrían ser mucho mejor en la escritura de estas páginas.

Nosotros vemos estos páginas Sobre Asturias siendo muy importantes si vamos a comunicar la información sobre Asturias y promover la cultura asturiana. En EU, Asturias es poco conocido. La mayor parte de Americanos tienen nunca se han oido de Asturias. ¡Es también justo decir que muchos de nuestros primos asturianos-americanos no podían decirle el nombre de la patria!

¿Bueno ... hay un pequeño grupo de la gente que estaría dispuesta a contribuir a esta nueva sección del sitio? Yo estaría dispuesto a ayudar coordinarlo, o me alegraría para trabajar con alguien más, también. ¡Vaya a hablar de las posibilidades!

Para comenzar la discusión, me gustaría ver una página que trate:
  • la lengua
  • el paisaje
  • los productos de alimentación y comidas
  • la historia
  • la música
  • las artes
  • la literatura
  • el folklore
De qué podría la página(s) hablar?

El nuevo páginas de Sobre Asturias, como el resto del sitio (la parte que no es el foro), estará disponible en inglés, castellano, y esperamos asturianu. Antonblimea ya trabaja sobre la traducción. Espero que conseguiremos a otro un o dos voluntarios para ayudarle, también.

Return to “Retired Threads - Hilos retirados”