FAQFAQ          SearchSearch          MemberlistMemberlist          UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile          Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages          Log inLog in          
Chicken with Onions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Asturian-American Migration Forum Index -> Poultry, eggs - Carne, huevos de ave
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 12:41 pm    Post subject: Chicken with Onions Reply with quote

Sometimes very simple dishes are best.

Place chicken parts in a baking dish and completely cover with sliced onion. Bake until done.

My grandmother made this often.
Anuska

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My cousin cooks chicken that way and it's just delicious!

Best regards,
Ana
Bob

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My father loved the flavor of the chicken, but he had a lifelong aversion to onions in and of themselves, as long as there were visible onions in the dish.
tierradenadie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob wrote:
a lifelong aversion to onions in and of themselves

hace un rato ha comenzado a comer cebollas casi como manzanas { pues, vale, otra indicación que tengo que ser un mutante }. cada mañana como medio cebolla y algunos dientes de ajo con sardinas, además de pan con leche de avenas casero.

de vez en cuando hago una sopa de cebollas. a fuego lento las doro (carmelize) por un tiempo largo. casi quemo las cebollas, hasta que se quedan con un color rico y muy earthy. aaah, que se salga todo la dulzura! añadas un poco queso gruyère encima y, voilá, estás un paso lejos de cielo. ß
Bob

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vidalia onions are sweet enough that you can eat them almost like apples. I prefer the stronger tasting ones in any dish that is cooked. But do try Vivalias with cheddar cheese on a slice of apple with a little good mustard.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Asturian-American Migration Forum Index -> Poultry, eggs - Carne, huevos de ave All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: