longiniza and chorizo con pimenton

Recipies using beef, veal, pork, sausages, patés, & game.<br>
Recetas empleando carne de vaca, ternera, cerdo, embutidos, paté, y caza.

Moderators: almudena, Moderators

AD

longiniza and chorizo con pimenton

Post by AD »

Hello all,

My name is Aaron, a chef in Durham, NC. I am trying to find any recipes I can for longiniza or chorizo con pimenton.

My great uncle Oscar Gutierrez used to make longiniza and from what I understand would sell them with peppers and onions on rolls at football games in and around Clarksburg WV.

I would like to speak with anyone that remembers this or knew him and of course anyone that may have a recipe (full or partial recipe) for these sausages.

I have to admit I have only ever had the Portuguese version of longiniza so any and all info would be greatly helpful.

I am trying to surprise my family with some longiniza for Christmas (Including my great aunts Angie and Aurora Gutierrez [first generation American] who where also known for making longiniza )
Maestro Tomberi

Post by Maestro Tomberi »

There are several threads within this subforum which can help you greatly to find new and tasty recipees and to recopilate ingent info about longanizas and chorizos.

Once you browse thru them, I'm pretty sure you'll get many several ideas for the future :).

Return to “Meats - Carnes”