Translations - Traducciones

Moderator: Moderators

Bob

Translations - Traducciones

Post by Bob »

After translating a few short messages today, it finally dawned on me that we cannot translate everything. May I suggest that anyone who wants a translation of a particular message post their request and the message link in this thread. While we certainly cannot promise that the requested translation will take place, it will at least draw the attention of the translators and - I hope - increase the probabilty that your translation request will actually take place.

Bob Martinez

------------------------

Después de traducir hoy algunos mensajes cortos, finalmente me di cuenta de que no podemos traducirlo todo. Sugiero que cualquiera que quiera una traducción de un mensaje concreto del foro, cuelgue la petición y el enlace en este hilo. Mientras que no podemos prometer que la traducción requerida tenga lugar, por lo menos llamará la atención de los traductores y (espero) aumentará la posibilidad de que la traducción solicitada se lleve a cabo.
kittania

Post by kittania »

Sorry to bother you, but I recently found a webpage of interest that I believe is written in asturian, but I cannot find a translator that has asturian. I was hoping that someone could attempt to translate a paragraph or two from it for me.

If this forum is still active, and someone would be willing to help me, please email me.

[Art: I removd the email. Email addresses are not permitted in the forum.]
is

Post by is »

Kittania,

Just post the paragraphs you need translated from Asturian and the collective knowledge on the forum will do the rest. If it's related to any of the topics listed in the forum (food, folklore, music, events, etc.), it may be best to post your question there as opposed to this section. Good luck.
kittania

Post by kittania »

Well, the only thing I'm worried about is that it's information written about someone I know, and I'm not sure if it's personal or not. I just don't want it to turn out being something private if I went and posted it here for a group of people to translate. :oops: Is there any way I can submit it to just one person?
is

Post by is »

You need to have made a number of postings before you can use the intra-mail on this website. But if the website you found is freely available and not locked by subscription, you can post the web page. Then we can tell you whether it's OK to translate or not.
kittania

Post by kittania »

that works. Thank you. :)

http://www.geko.dk/?p=C9928EF
is

Post by is »

Sorry, it's not Asturian. And it's not a language from Denmark either, despite the domain name .dk. It could be a spoof or a spyware program out of Novosibirsk, which is quite a distance from the mountains of Asturias, and could introduce malware. I would stop visiting the page...
Bob

Post by Bob »

Is is far better at languages than I am, but I can read about 14 and that the language of that website is totally unfamiliar to me. I wouild follow his advice. Be sure to run your antivirus and anti-spyware software.
kittania

Post by kittania »

Ouch. Thank you very much. I'll do that.

Sorry to have troubled you.
Bob

Post by Bob »

No trouble at all. We are a community, albeit online.

Return to “Please read - Por favor leer”