searching for information on Ernest Bennett

If you can't figure out where else to post, say it here.<br>
Si no sabes dónde poner tu tema, pongalo aquí.

Moderator: Moderators

rick stiffney

searching for information on Ernest Bennett

Post by rick stiffney »

Ernest Bennett was a Mennonite relief worker in Spain and France 1938-1939. Does anyone recall having met Ernest. He died one week ago in Goshen IN.
My father in law Ernest Bennett served with Mennonite Central Committee in Spain 1938-39 as well as in France. Does anyone recall meeting him?
is

Post by is »

hi Rick, Can you be more specific about where he was in Spain between 1938-39? Those years are the tail end of the Spanish Civil War. Also, this is a forum focused on Asturians in northwestern Spain. Asturias is a region of about 1m with a great deal of outward migration. If Ernest Bennett was in Asturias, please send more detailed information.
rick stiffney

Post by rick stiffney »

thank you...Ernest did relief work w refugees that were fleeing Spain...I am traveling at this point. I have a letter at home from an immigrant Asturia who recalled Ernest in this capacity

more soon
My father in law Ernest Bennett served with Mennonite Central Committee in Spain 1938-39 as well as in France. Does anyone recall meeting him?
Terechu

Post by Terechu »

We have several members who were evacuated to France during the Civil War and I know some were in a colonies (i.e. La Rouvière) managed by American Quakers. There was one Mr. Frank in charge of coordinating the eventual evacuation of the refugee children from France to the USA. They may have known eachother. I can try and contact his daughter Miriam, if the e-mail address I have is still correct.

Rgds
Bob

Post by Bob »

My grandfather's brother went to France during the same time period, having been y mistreated by Franco's forces. He ended up in Mexico City, where I met him in 1961. Unfortunately, I've lost track of that branch of the family, except for one of his sons who returned to Asturias and died there shortly afterwards.
rick stiffney

Post by rick stiffney »

thank you each for comments. I will research where Ernest served. I know I have record of that. Will post when I find

Return to “General Discussion - Discusión general”