Lentejas ("Comida de Viejas")

Dry bean dishes, one-pot meals, etc.<br>
Platos de judias secas, comidas en una olla, etc.

Moderators: almudena, Moderators

ceciclem

Lentejas ("Comida de Viejas")

Post by ceciclem »

From my mom's cookbook and the way I grew up eating them and do to this day.

1/2 kilo de lentejas
Un poco de pimenton
Un trozo de cebolla
Aceite
Una rama de perejil
Un diente de ajo
Una cuchara de pan molido
Un hoja de laurel

Una vez escogidas y limpias las lentejas se dejan unas horas en remojo en agua fria, para que floten las que estan vacias, estas se quitaran con una espumadera. Si fueren de mala calidad, se ponen en remojo durante toda la noche. Una vez escurridas del agua se pasan a una cazuela, se les agrega la cebolla, un trocito de laurel, un diente de ajo picado, una rama de perejil, el aciete en crudo, y el pimenton. Se cubren de agua fria y se dejan cocer lentamente agregandoles cada vez que lo necesitan agua fria en pequenas cantidades, ya cocidas se sazonan de sal y se les pone la cuchara de pan molido, se dejan cocer nuevamente durante media hora o veinte minutos. Antes de servirlas se dejan reposar. NOTA– El pan se les pone con el objeto de que el caldo quede bien espeso, éste les da al mismo tiempo muy buen sabor.

CON CHORIZO (¡como no!) se preparan de la misma manera que las anteriores, anadiendoles al mismo tiempo que los demas ingredientes unos trozos (puede ser un trozo por persona) de chorizo.

----------

Reverso translation (tweaked by Art)

Del libro de cocina de mi mamá y el modo que los comí como un niño y todavía lo mismo modo hoy en dia.

1/2 kilo of lentils
A little paprika
A chunk of onion
Olive oil
A branch of parsley
A garlic clove
A spoon of bread crumbs
A bay leaf

After selecting and cleaning the lentils, leave them a few hours to soak in cold water. Those which float are empty and may be removed with a skimmer. If the lentils are of bad quality, put them in to soak overnight. Once drained of water, put them into a casserole, add the onion, a bit of laurel (bay leaf), a minced garlic clove, a branch of parsley, the olive oil, and the paprika. Cover with cold water and leave it to cook slowly, adding water whenever needed in small quantities. Once cooked, season with salt and add the spoon of bread crumbs. Allow it to cook again for twenty or thirty minutes. Before serving, allow the lentils to rest. NOTICE: The bread is added in order that the broth remains quite thick. This also gives them a very good flavor.

WITH SAUSAGE (why not?!) they are prepared in the same way as the previous version, adding at the same time as the rest of the ingredients a few chunks (it can be a chunk for person) of sausage.
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

I tried Cecicelm's recipe recently with some fresh longaniza. It was just like the lentejas I had in Spain: excellent! Thanks, Cecicelm!

I probably should have added more liquid, because I didn't need the pan molido to get a thick consistency.

----------

Reverso translation (tweaked by Art)

Intenté la receta de Cecicelm recientemente con longaniza fresco. Era exactamente como las lentejas que tenía en España: ¡excelente! ¡Gracias, Cecicelm!

Probablemente se faltó líquido, porque no necesité el pan molido para conseguir una consistencia espesa.
Olga

Post by Olga »

Hi this is my mums version of the same recipe.
my mum makes it more like a stew. She also adds a bit of bacon or pancheta and a chiken leg, veg use will also be a leak, carrot and a pepper
if there is any left you could mix it with boiled white rice and had another dish or freeze it for a quick meal ;)
olga

Return to “Stews & Fabada - Estofados y fabada”