Mt. Carondio: A Llastra da Filadoira (dolmen)

Stories, rituals, customs, & more.<br>
Cuentos, rituales, costumbres, y más.

Moderator: Moderators

is

Post by is »

Art wrote:I think you may be on to something big. If the FSA has an industrial vision, that would explain a lot. In particular, it's a vision rooted in the distant past, not the current reality of Asturias.

Creo que en esto tal vez tengas la llave. Si la FSA tiene una visión industrial, explicaría muchas cosas. En particular, es una visión arraigada en el pasado distante, no la realidad actual de Asturias.
Actually, it was Mofusu who first suggested this idea in a thread about the sociology behind the FSA and the stranglehold of SUMA-UGT (trade union) in the coal mining districts of Central Asturias:

http://www.asturianus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2457

----

En realida foi Mofusu quien me desplicara n'outro filu un pouco de la socioloxia de la FSA ya cumo se feixo afogar pol poder sindical de la SOMA-UGT nos conceyos mineros del centro d'Asturias:

http://www.asturianus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2457

Here is the original text so you don't have to go through the whole thread about Jose Manuel Cuervo:

"Ta claro que les persones que mandaron y manda na FSA (llevan 30 años siendo los mesmo) tiene una bona y directa relación con José Ángel Fernández Villa; secretariu xeneral del Sindicato de los Obreros Mineros de Asturias- SOMA-FIA-UGT, diputáu na Xunta Xeneral d'Asturies munchos años pol PSOE, senador del Estáu,etc. Villa tien los sos propios seguidores dientro del PSOE, son Los Villistas. Tanto Lastra como Fernández puen considerase continuadores del Villismu. El Villismu, que foi heriede en bona parte de les práctiques del sindicalismu vertical franquista, basó la so política d'estos últimos 30 años na xestión de la lliquidación más o menos controlada del sector mineru de les cuenques del Caudal y Nalón. En consecuencia, la FSA, integrada mayoritariamente por villistas, lleva munchos años gobernando Asturies como si fuera un pozu de carbón. Esta dependencia "carbonífera" del Partíu failos ser partidarios de un tipu de poder mui fuerte, centralizáu, proteccionista colos sos intereses, desarrollista, etc

Por desgracia, estes siguen siendo les tesis aplastantemente mayoritaries na FSA. Y un partíu que ta nel poder durante munchos años, y tien la pinta de tar munchos años más, nun ye el meyor sitiu pa salise de la ortodoxa.

----

"It’s obvious that the current and former leaders of the FSA (the same people have led the party for 30 years) are pretty tight with Jose Angel Fernandez Villa: Secretary General of SOMA-FIA-UGT (Miners’ and Workers’ Union of Asturias), long-time MP at the Xunta Xeneral [Asturian regional parliament] for the PSOE/FSA, senator in Madrid. Villa has his own followers within the party, the so-called ‘Villistas’. Both Lastra and Fernandez can be considered by-products of ‘Villismu’ [followers of the union leader’s movement].

The phenomenon known as ‘Villismu’ is a direct successor of Franco’s system of vertical trade unions, their strategies/practices have simply passed down from the Franco era. Villa’s followers based their politics in the last 30 years in managing the controlled downfall of the mining sector in the Caudal and Nalon valleys. This coal-based dependence of the party [the PSOE/FSA] makes them partial to a very strong power vertical, highly centralized, protectionist in outlook where its base is concerned and tending to favor large-scale infrastructure.

Unfortunately, this ideology dominates the majority within the FSA. And a party that has been in power for many years and which is likely to remain in power for even longer, is not exactly a place where one would want to express any kind of dissent."
mofusu

Post by mofusu »

Últimamente, a traviés de los "fondos mineros" (subvenciones de la Xunión Europea), el SOMA y Villa estienden la so influencia pel occidente (Cangas, Degaña ya Ibias) porque les cuenques yá tan prácticamente liquidaes. La proliferación d'infraestructures na rexón suroccidental paez tar xunida a los intereses na mineria a cielu abiertu del empresariu lliones Vitorino Alonso....

Nesta semeya podemos ver a la plana mayor del establisment asturianu na inauguración del túnel de El Rañadoiru [xineru 2010]:

----
Trans. Is

The SOMA miners' trade union and Jose Angel Villa [Secretary General] have lately been spreading their influence to West Asturias through the mining funds paid out by the European Union. This is taking place in counties like Cangas/Narcea, Degaña and Ibias because the coal pits of Central Asturias have been almost entirely closed down. Lately, road infrastructure projects in southwestern Asturias seem to indicate the corporate interests of open-pit mines owned by the Leon-based entrepreneur Victorino Alonso....

In this picture you can see the bigwigs of the Asturian establishment as they inaugurated the Rañadoiru tunnel this week [January 2010]:

http://mas.lne.es/fotos/galeria.php?foto=113122
is

Post by is »

A quick dispatch from CEA (environmentalist group) on January 14, 2010, that proves how heritage monuments and wilderness sites in Asturias, or anywhere else, cannot be left to the discretion of operators of heavy machinery.

In Mt. Carondio, the risk of razing through Neolithic remains is alarming despite the media noise surrounding the controversial wind farm. In this note from CEA, the Cultural Council of Asturias admits the archaeological remains are not being flagged appropriately.

Meanwhile, reacting to CEA's complaint about the destruction of the Carreiriega de los Gal.legos, the Heritage Section says the work on the service road for the wind farm is 'in accordance with what was decided by them', i.e., 'we gave bulldozers permission to destroy the Carreiriega'. Of course they cloak their response in bureaucratic language that turns off any brain activity:

"Nos acaba de llegar a la Coordinadora Ecoloxista el escrito de la Comision Permanente de Patrimonio Cultural de la Consejeria de Cultura a raíz de nuestras denuncias donde nos informan que en la inspección cursada a la zona de Carondio, que:

- Los bienes arqueológicos afectados no han sido balizados incumpliendo la resolución de la Consejera de Cultura del pasado 4-11-2009.

- las obras de construcción de la pista alternativa a la Carreiriega de los Gallegos se ajustan a lo acordado por la Permanente en sesión del pasado 9-10-2009, [CEA: dañando algunos tramos de la vía histórica]"
is

Post by is »

At SOS Carondio (http://carondio.yolasite.com/english.php) we received a very interesting note from Ricardo Gonzalez Pañeda regarding the meaning of the stone engravings on the stele unearthed at the foot of Mt. Carondio, now in storage at the Archaeological Museum in Oviedo.

According to a study he references, the schemata on the slate slab could actually represent a Neolithic-period map of the dolmens and barrows in the area, a fascinating theory. Here is Ricardo's original letter in English and Spanish:

_______

Dear friends:

In my view, Mt. Carondio and its surroundings is not only a treasure in terms of wilderness, archaeology and heritage. That alone should have granted it the conservation status it deserves. Instead, I would say that Mt. Carondio, its stream and the adjoining Muriellos mountain range constitute an unmatched legacy in terms of historic, geographic and cultural value.

As the attached images and texts attempt to prove, this area is one of the most ancient landscapes in Asturias, as well as in Spain, to have been depicted in topographic detail by human beings. In fact, it is one of the first places in the world to have been represented on a map. The stele of Carondio, also known by mistake as the ‘stele of Allande’, shows a highly exact topography of the area with schematic curves. That alone should be a reason to give this wilderness area a special legal status.

Personally, I hope you are successful with this campaign to safeguard Mt. Carondio. I truly hope you succeed because I myself would like to return to it as I have done often in the past. I would like to return with topographical maps and photos of the stele in order to rediscover Carondio and Muriellos just like the Neolithic peoples that engraved the stele and built the megalithic barrows saw it.

The attached interpretation of the stele was first published in a publication titled ‘Historia de Gijon’, edited by the Asturian daily El Comercio in 2001. A revised version that included commentary by Mario Ruiz Morales, of the University of Granada, was published in the journal ‘Topografia y Cartografia’, edited by the Colegio Oficial de Ingenieros Tecnicos en Topografia in its issue of September-October 2007, no. 142. I hope they can be of use to you.

I have not been able to find the full text of this last publication. In the chaos of my computer I’ve only been able to retrieve the interpretation of the schemata of the stele and their relation to the landscape they represent. You can count on my help for anything you might need. I hope it turns out to be useful.

Ricardo González Pañeda

----

Estimados amigos:

Para mí la sierra de Carondio no es sólo un espacio de gran riqueza ecológica, arqueológica y patrimonial. Esto sería suficiente para que fuese protegido como es debido.

Pero es que, además, en mi opinión, la sierra de Carondio, junto al arroyo del mismo nombre y la sierra de Muriellos, dede un punto de vista histórico, geográfico y cultueal, forman un espacio único y excepcional.

Como creo que demuestran las imágenes y los textos que os envío, la sierra de Carondio, el arroyo y la sierra de Muriellos son los espacios más antiguos representados con exactitud topográfica de la historia de Asturias y de la de España. Son una de las áreas que primero se representó en un mapa por el hombre.

La estela de Carondio, mal llamada estela de Allande, representa por medio de sus líneas curvas y onduladas, un mapa topográfico preciso. Sólo por eso, creo que también sería ya suficiente que el espacio fuese protegido.

Hablando en términos personales, o más bien egoístas, deseo que tengáis éxito en vuestra campaña de protección de ese espacio. Espero que logréis el triunfo, porque deseo poder volver a la sierra, como ya he hecho varias veces, con mapas topográficos, con la foto de la estela, y ver y reconocer el espacio de Carondio y Muriellos como lo vieron, lo reconocieron y lo representaron las gentes neolíticas que construyeron los túmulos y grabaron la estela de Carondio.

La interpretación de la estela que os envío fue publicada por primera vez en la Historia de Gijón editada por el diario el Comercio en 2001. Una interpretación corregida, en colaboración con el profesor de la Universidad de Granada Mario Ruiz Morales, fue publicada en la revista Topografía y Cartografía, editada por el Colegio Oficial de Ingenieros Técnicos en Topografía, en su número 142 de septiembre-octubre de 2007. Espero que lo que os envío os sirva y podáis sacarle provecho.

No he logrado encontrar el texto integro de la última publicación. En el caos de mi ordenador solamente he hallado el texto de la interpretación de los signos de la estela y su relación con el espacio real que representa.

Podéis contar con mi colaboración para lo que deseéis. Espero que esto os sea útil.

Ricardo González Pañeda.

Return to “Folklore”