First Anniversary of AsturianUS.org - Primer Aniversario

Happenings of interest to forum participants.<br>
Sucesos de interés a foreros.

Moderator: Moderators

Art
Site Admin

First Anniversary of AsturianUS.org - Primer Aniversario

Post by Art »

March 19th is the anniversary of the launch of this forum. Several people have asked if we were going to celebrate in some way. Does anyone have any ideas?

I'm not stuck on the need to celebrate on THE day, but I like the idea of getting together. Alfonso and I have met for lunch and conversation, which made for a very enjoyable afternoon. Something informal, perhaps in multiple settings, could be fun. I fear that some members will be far from anyone.

There is also a summer Celtic festival in Virginia that Alfonso has been active with. The Asturian tent even won a prize for best tent, thanks to his hard work. Several good Asturian bands, like Brenga Astur and Llan de Cubel have come to play at the festival. You can read more here:
http://www.asturianus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=158
It would be wonderful if a number of us could go to that. We could gather and promote Asturias all at once!

In another idea, Alfonso suggested that we get together to celebrate Asturias Day, which is on about September 5th. This would be easier to get ready for, since we've got more time.

There's been some talk of a tour of Asturias, too. This would be major project, but I'd be interested. There is so much to see there that chosing an itinerary could be difficult! I've been interested in walking the Asturian portion of the Camino de Santiago (and maybe going on to the end in Galicia). The northern route goes through or near a number of important places.

Do all you have any ideas, desires?

------------

El 19 de marzo es el aniversario del lanzamiento de este foro. Varias personas han preguntado si vamos a celebrar de algún modo. ¿Tienes un idea?

No soy "pegado" a la necesidad de divertirme en este día exactamente, pero me gusta la idea de juntarnos. Alfonso y yo nos hemos encontrado para el almuerzo y la conversación, que hizo una tarde muy agradable. Algo informal, quizás en múltiples sitios, sería muy buena. Temo que algunos miembros sean lejanos de alguien.

Hay también un festival celta de verano en Virginia con la cual Alfonso ha sido activo. La tienda asturiana (un sitio en que visitantes pueden aprender de Asturias) ganó un premio para la mejor tienda, gracias a l brega de Alfonso y otros. Varias bandas asturianas muy buenas, como Brenga Astur y Llan de Cubel han venido para jugar en el festival. Puedes leer más aquí:
http://www.asturianus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=158
Sería maravilloso si un group de nosotros podría ir a esto. ¡Podríamos juntar y promover a Asturias a la misma hora!

En otra idea, Alfonso propone celebrar Dia de Asturias, algo como el 5 de septiembre. Sería más facíl preparar para esto por tener más tiempo.

Hubo alguna conversación de un viaje a Asturias, también. Esto sería un proyecto grandísimo, pero estaría interesado. Hay tanto para ver allí que eligiendo un itinerario podría ser difícil. He sido interesado en ir de caminata en la parte asturiana del Camino de Santiago (y tal vez continuando al final en Galicia). La ruta del norte va a través o cerca de un número de sitios importantes.

¿Tienes alguna idea, deseos?

Return to “Events - Acontecimientos”