Joined: 30 Mar 2005
Location: Luray, VA. US
|Posted: Tue May 16, 2006 11:48 am Post subject: Corporate US
|For all of you who are frustrated with corporate US, living proof that
there are screws missing....
Dilbert Management Today
A magazine recently ran a "Dilbert Quotes" contest. They were looking for
people to submit quotes from their real-life Dilbert-type managers. These
were voted the top ten quotes from Dilbert managers in corporate US,
- "As of tomorrow, employees will only be able to access the building using individual security cards. Pictures will be taken next Wednesday, and employees will receive their cards in two weeks." (This was the winning quote from Fred Dales, Microsoft Corp. in Redmond WA)
- "What I need is an exact list of specific unknown problems we might encounter." (Lykes Lines Shipping)
- "E-mail is not to be used to pass on information or data. It should be used only for company business." (Accounting manager, Electric Boat Company)
- "This project is so important we can't let things that are more important interfere with it." (Advertising/Marketing manager, United Parcel Service)
- "Doing it right is no excuse for not meeting the schedule." (Plant Manager, Delco Corporation)
- "No one will believe you solved this problem in one day! We've been working on it for months. Now go act busy for a few weeks and I'll let you know when it's time to tell them." (R&D supervisor, Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing/3M Corp.)
- Quote from the Boss: "Teamwork is a lot of people doing what I say." (Marketing executive, Citrix Corporation)
- My sister passed away and her funeral was scheduled for Monday. When I told my Boss, he said she died on purpose so that I would have to miss work on the busiest day of the year. He then asked if we could change her burial to Friday. He said, "That would be better for me." (Shipping executive, FTD Florists)
- "We know that communication is a problem, but the company is not going to discuss it with the employees." (Switching supervisor, AT&T Long Lines Division)
Joined: 17 Feb 2003
|Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 9:45 pm Post subject:
|The good news is that as long as we're on this planet, we'll have plenty of funny stories we can tell.
Lo bueno es que mientras estamos en este planeta, tendremos un montón de historias divertidas que podemos contar.