FAQFAQ          SearchSearch          MemberlistMemberlist          UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile          Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages          Log inLog in          
¿Conoces a esta expresión en español?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Asturian-American Migration Forum Index -> Castilian Spanish - Castellano
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rvega

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:08 pm    Post subject: ¿Conoces a esta expresión en español? Reply with quote

¿Conoces a esta expresión en español?

Mi padre un saludo en español o expresión que quería decir, "¿Dónde has estado?" Recuerdo que la traducción literal fue algo como, "Se ha pasado mucho tiempo desde que he visto sus ojos." He estado tratando de recordar estas palabras, ¿sabes cómo va?

Gracias,
Roberto Vega

------------------------------------

Do you know this Spanish Expression ?

My father used a Spanish greeting or expression that meant, "Where have you been?" I remember the literal translation went something like, "It has been a long time since I have seen your eyes." I have been trying to remember this saying, do you know how it goes ?

Thank you,
Roberto Vega
Maestro Tomberi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the most probable answer to it (most likely to my understanding) would be the familiar expression "Dichosos los ojos!!".

It comes to mean it was a great while the other person diidn't see you and he/she missed you.

Maestro Tomberi, creador de fantasía y surrealismo
Rvega

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: ¿Conoces a esta expresión en español? Reply with quote

Sí, creo que tienes razón. Este saludo es español lo mismo que el dicho de Inglés, "usted es un regalo para la vista", es decir ¿dónde has estado, te extrañé!

Gracias por responder!

Roberto Vega

===============================================
Yes, I believe you are correct. This Spanish greeting is the same as the English saying, "you are a sight for sore eyes" meaning where have you been, I missed you !

Thank you for responding !

Roberto Vega
Art
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Iván! We appreciate all of your messages and contributions on the forum.

----------------------

¡Gracias, Iván! Agradecemos todos tus mensajes y contribuciones en el foro.
Terechu

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iván is right, but the full sentence would be: "Dichosos los ojos que te vean" (Blessed are the eyes that may see you), meaning that he's been quite a stranger lately.
Maestro Tomberi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Full sentence is seldom told, but yet; as Terechu says, is correct.

Maestro Tomberi, creador de fantasía y surrealismo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Asturian-American Migration Forum Index -> Castilian Spanish - Castellano All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: