Bollinas

Recipes for loaf breads & rolls.<br>
Recetas para barras, pan de molde, y bollos.

Moderators: almudena, Moderators

jomaguca

Bollinas

Post by jomaguca »

Ingredientes:Una tarrina de mantequilla de 250grs,2 huevos (las yemas), Harina la que necesite, una pizca de sal, un poco mas de 1/2vaso de agua En una olla derretimos la mantequilla,cuando vaya a empezar a hervir, se le añade la sal y el agua y se revuelve,cuando este tibia se le echa la harina y las yemas de huevo y todo esto se amasa unos cuantos minutos ,luego se deja reposar 15minutos, se estira la pasta con un rodillo de cocina ,si no tenemos rodillo de cocina vale una botella vacia, se pueden rellenar de crema o con nueces machacadas con azucar o tambien puede ser avellanas machacadas con azucar :lol: espero que esta receta tambien les guste 8) saludos . Por favor me pueden traducir a español yo de Ingles lo basico y poco mas.gracias

Ingredients: 250grs of butter, 2 eggs (only the yolks), enough flour to make a dough, a pinch of salt, a little more than ½ glass of water. Melt the butter in a pot. When it is about to boil, add the salt and the water and stir. When it is warm, add the flour and egg yolks and knead it for a few minutes. Let the dough rest 15 minutes, and roll out with a rolling pin. If you do not have a rolling pin, and empty bottle will do. Fill with cream [custard cream?], or with a mixtures of finely chopped walnuts and sugar, or with a mixture of chopped hazelnuts and sugar. I hope that you like this recipe. Regards. Please [translate this because] I can translate into Spanish from English only the basics and little else. Thanks.
Bob

Bollinas - another recipe

Post by Bob »

BOLLINAS

6 eggs
1/2 pound butter (unsalted)
1 envelope dry yeast
1 cup milk (more or less)
4-5 cups flour - has to be judged
oil for frying
chopped walnuts
dark brown sugar

Put butter into a large bowl, and cut into chunks. Heat milk until bubbles appear around the edges. Pour milk over butter, and mix until the butter is completely melted. Add the eggs, mixed together with a fork and a dash of salt. Dissolve the yeast in a little warm water, and add it to the mixture. Add flour and mix well until the dough is no longer sticky. Knead well and let rise until doubled in size in a greased bowl.

Roll dough fairly thin, cut into squares and top with a chopped walnut, dark brown sugar mixture. Fold square shut to form a rectangle, Seal around edges with a fork dipped in flour. (It helps to wet the inner edge with a little water first. Fry in oil or fat until lightly browned.

NOTE: My grandmother also used the same dough, but cut it into triangles, to make a second pastry. She then made a slit in each triangle and pulled one corner all the way through. She fried the resultant shapes until brown and dusted them with powdered sugar.
Bob

Jomaguca's bollina recipe with comment

Post by Bob »

Ingredients: 250grs of butter, 2 eggs (only the yolks), enough flour to make a dough, a pinch of salt, a little more than ½ glass of water. Melt the butter in a pot. When it is about to boil, add the salt and the water and stir. When it is warm, add the flour and egg yolks and knead it for a few minutes. Let the dough rest 15 minutes, and roll out with a rolling pin. If you do not have a rolling pin, and empty bottle will do. Fill with cream [custard cream?], or with a mixtures of finely chopped walnuts and sugar, or with a mixture of chopped hazelnuts and sugar. I hope that you like this recipe. Regards. Please [translate this because] I can translate into Spanish from English only the basic and small things. More thanks.

Translator's note: Once the dough is rolled, cut it into squares, place the chopped nut mixture on half the square, fold over and seal into a rectangle. Fry in hot oil.
Bob

Re: Bollinas - another recipe

Post by Bob »

Bob wrote:For those who have been asking, here (once again) is my abuela's recipe for BOLLINAS

6 eggs
1/2 pound butter (unsalted)
1 envelope dry yeast
1 cup milk (more or less)
4-5 cups flour - has to be judged
oil for frying
chopped walnuts
dark brown sugar

Put butter into a large bowl, and cut into chunks. Heat milk until bubbles appear around the edges. Pour milk over butter, and mix until the butter is completely melted. Add the eggs, mixed together with a fork and a dash of salt. Dissolve the yeast in a little warm water, and add it to the mixture. Add flour and mix well until the dough is no longer sticky. Knead well and let rise until doubled in size in a greased bowl.

Roll dough fairly thin, cut into squares and top with a chopped walnut, dark brown sugar mixture. Fold square shut to form a rectangle, Seal around edges with a fork dipped in flour. (It helps to wet the inner edge with a little water first. Fry in oil or fat until lightly browned.

NOTE: My grandmother also used the same dough, but cut it into triangles, to make a second pastry. She then made a slit in each triangle and pulled one corner all the way through. She fried the resultant shapes until brown and dusted them with powdered sugar.
Barbara Alonso Novellino

Post by Barbara Alonso Novellino »

Hi Bob,

So happy to see you on the Forum once again.

You were really missed!

If you get a chance, please drop me a liine and let me know how things are going.

Abrazos

Barbara

Return to “Breads - Panes”