Looking for Ascension Alonso or Garcia in Luanco

If you can't figure out where else to post, say it here.<br>
Si no sabes dónde poner tu tema, pongalo aquí.

Moderator: Moderators

adelealonso

Looking for Ascension Alonso or Garcia in Luanco

Post by adelealonso »

Jun 28, 2010, 10:28 PM
I am traveling to Luanco in September and want to visit my father's cousin. Her name is Ascension and all my cousin (who visited) can tell me is that he found the house by going to the cemetery and asking about Ascension.

Ascension is my father's cousin who took care of my grandparents until they died. I don't know her last name but it could be Alonso or Garcia. My grandparents names were Jose Maria Garcia and Dionisia Alonso and my grandfather's nickname was Figalone because there was a fig tree outside his house.
I would like to write Ascension to tell her I'm visiting and that I'd like to visit the farm where my father was born, but I don't want to just drop in.

Can anybody help me find her?

Adele Alonso
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

You may want to use the white pages to search for an Ascensión in Luanco. This message explains how:
http://www.asturianus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3375

------------------------------

Tal vez te ayude utilizar las páginas blancas para buscar para una Ascensión en Luanco. Este mensaje explica cómo hacerlo:
http://www.asturianus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3375
adelealonso

Luanco

Post by adelealonso »

Thank you all for your posts. I did get to Luanco in October and found my father's cousin Ascension. We had a wonderful visit and it was completely miraculous to me to be in the house my grandfather built. The fig tree was still in the front yard (that's how he got his nickname Figalone). The people at the hotel (La Plaza) were extremely helpful. They knew Ascension through her grandson who owned a store in town. We walked there the next morning and not only found her grandson, but her son Eladio who took us to see her. It was a wonderful visit. I'll post some photos on the Photo Album site.
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

That sounds great, Adele! I'm glad it worked so well. Asturians really do tend to be very hospitable.

We don't have anyone to take care of the photo album now, so we're just posting the photos to the forum itself. You could post them in the Our Photo Album area or the About Asturias area of the forum. When you are posting a message, there's a link below the text box that says, "Add image to post".

--------------------------------

¡Muy bien, Adela! Parece que era una visita estupenda. Me alegro. Los asturianos realmente tienden a ser muy hospitalarios.

No existe nadie para cuidar de el álbum de fotos, así que al momento estamos publicando las fotos en el foro. Podrías hacerlo en el área de Nuestro álbum de fotos o el área Sobre Asturies. Cuando estás creando un mensaje, hay un enlace debajo del cuadro de texto que dice: "Añadir Imagen al Mensaje".

Return to “General Discussion - Discusión general”