Fotos de Pinar Del Rio concierto Dec 26, 2010

Group &amp; solo; voice, bagpipe, guitar, drum, etc.<br>
Banda y solo; voz, gaita, guitarra, tambor, etc.

Moderators: mariamatoyos, Chris, Moderators

Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Lisa has told me that those are some of the Asturians in Cuba who participated in CeltFest. They're from Pinar Del Rio, Cuba, and are excited about performing at CeltFest. The bagpiper is playing a made-in-Pinar gaita, an achievement the Asturian community there is very proud of.

There's also a gaita band from the Centro Asturiano in La Habana which has some very good musicians.

Many of us had family members who spent time in Cuba, so it'd be neat to attend the festival. Maybe we could get up a group to go down when the travel restrictions are eased.

----------------------------

Lisa me ha dicho que esos son algunos de los asturianos en Cuba que participaron en el CeltFest. Son de Pinar del Río, Cuba, y están muy emocionados sobre actuación en CeltFest. El gaitero en las fotos está tocando una gaita hecha en Pinar del Río, un logro de que la comunidad asturiana de Pinar del Río es muy orgulloso.

También hay una banda de gaitas del Centro Asturiano de La Habana que tienen unos músicos estupendos.

Muchos de nosotros habÍamos miembros de la familia que pasaron un rato en Cuba, por lo que estaría fantástico asistir al festival. Tal vez podríamos ir en grupo cuando las restricciones de viaje se alivió.
is

Post by is »

Fascinating, Lisa. Thanks for posting the pics, it reminded me of Breton kids of all sorts of ethnic backgrounds playing in bagpipe & bombarde marching bands in Lorient during the Festival Interceltique.
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Exactly. That's one of the things I've learned on AsturianUS: identity and blood are two different things. I see it as a very positive human characteristic that we can adapt and create an identity so fluidly.

----------------------

Exactamente. Esa es una de las cosas que he aprendido en AsturianUs: que la identidad y la sangre son dos cosas distintas. Para mí es una una característica humana muy positivo que tenemos la capacidad adaptar y crear una identidad tan fluidamente.
nehaali

Post by nehaali »

Thank you for the background information.

I have placed an order through FNAC. It would be great to find the music written out but perhaps the music is passed down by ear and by listening?

Thanks also for the links to the youtube videos. I will need to listen a couple of times to understand! My main language, as you can tell, is English.

Return to “Music - Música”