Apple Pie liquor

Serving cider & wine with Asturian meals. Making cider & other beverages.<br>
Servir sidra y vino con comidas asturianas. Hacer sidra y otra bebidas.

Moderators: almudena, Moderators

Maestro Tomberi

Apple Pie liquor

Post by Maestro Tomberi »

First of all, this is an alcoholic recipe I've got from my friend Mike of ND. Given the fact that almost all the ingredients can be found in here and it really could pass as Asturian I also will share... that's what recipes are for.

Note that here I also include the imperial measurements for an easier comprehension towards US folks :).

Apple pie liquor - Ingredients

1 1/2 gal apple cider
1/2 gal apple juice
2 cups sugar
9 cinnamon sticks
Everclear liquor (use other mixer if not available)

Add all ingredients together in a large pot and let simmer for 2 to 3 hours. Let cool to room temp.

Now comes the fun part, adding the Everclear. I'd start with about 3/4 of a 750ml bottle. Mix well and taste.

I usually add everclear until you can just barley taste the alcohol. The Everclear will over power the juice so you don't want to have to much.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since here in Asturias; like most places in the world, Everclear is not available, the used alcohol will be anise liquor or "aguardiente", which also has a much lower alcoholic graduation and a (45-50% instead of 90-95%) more sugary flavour.

Return to “Drinks, Cider - Bebidas, sidra”