Thanks to active members - Gracias a miembros activos

If you can't figure out where else to post, say it here.<br>
Si no sabes dónde poner tu tema, pongalo aquí.

Moderator: Moderators

Art
Site Admin

Thanks to active members - Gracias a miembros activos

Post by Art »

Over five years ago, I wrote in this thread:
http://www.asturianus.org/forum/viewtop ... 4&start=15
Art wrote:The silent majority
Any time I check the forum, I look to see how many of us are on line. You can see this number at the bottom of the forum's main page:
http://www.asturianus.org/forum/index.php
The majority of our visitors are "guests", people who either haven't registered or haven't logged in. A number of our registered members don't log-in because they rarely post messages, but a number of them have told me that they visit regularly to see what's new on the forum. The point is that there are different ways to participate. Many people just watch what's going on. These "lurkers" are learning something from the forum, even if they don't give us feedback. That's fine. There is no reason to judge them. Do we criticize people for "just" reading a book? Of course, not.

Suronda has suggested that non-participating members might look at the forum and be happy to see that the answers to their questions are already here. After all, if someone finds the forum because of a Google search, there's a good chance that we've already discussed their concern.

Suronda has also pointed out that someone new to the forum will find here answers to questions they would never have thought to ask. That's something to celebrate. With more than 6000 posts, it would take months to read even half of it!
I read an article today that talked about the "90:9:1 Rule""
Paul Gillin wrote:Community managers all know this term. It refers to the percentage of visitors who contribute nothing , contribute little, or contribute a lot. As a rule of thumb, only 1% of your members do most of the talking, which means you have to get an awful lot of people to visit your community in order to build any momentum.
That's true.

We appreciate everyone who joins us, and we really need and appreciate those members who add to the discussion! That's why we give you the huge thank you you deserve!

------------------------------

Hace más de cinco años, escribí en este hilo:
http://www.asturianus.org/forum/viewtop ... 4&start=15
Art wrote:La mayoría silenciosa
Cualquier tiempo paso al foro, miro a cuántos de nosotros estamos en línea [online]. Puedes ver este número en el fondo de la página principal del foro:
http://www.asturianus.org/forum/index.php
La mayoría de nuestros visitantes son "invitados", personas quienes no se han registrado o no se han conectado [login]. Un número de nuestros socios registrados no hacen la conexión [login] porque raras veces ponen mensajes, pero un número de ellos me han dicho que visitan con regularidad para ver que sea nuevo en el foro. Lo que quiero comunicar es que hay diferentes modos de participar. Muchas personas solamente miran que pasa aquí. Estos "lurkers" [los que "merodean"] aprenden algo del foro, incluso si no nos dan ninguna reacción. Está bien. No hay ninguna razón de juzgarlos. ¿Criticamos a la gente para "solamente" leer un libro? Desde luego, no.

Suronda ha sugerido que los miembros quienes no participantan pudieran mirar el foro y ser felices por ver que las respuestas a sus preguntas ya están aquí. Después de todo, si alguien encuentra el foro debido a una búsqueda de Google, hay una posibilidad muy buena que ya hayamos hablado de lo que interesa.

Suronda también ha indicado que un principiante al foro encontrará aquí respuestas a preguntas que nunca habría pensado preguntar. Es algo que debemos celebrar. ¡Con más de 6000 postes, tomaría meses leer aún la mitad!
Leí un artículo hoy que trata de "La regla del 90:9:1."
Paul Gillin wrote:Administradores comunitarios todos saben este término. Se refiere al porcentaje de usuarios quienes no contribuyen en nada, los quienes contribuyen muy poco, o los quienes contribuyen muchísimo. Como regla general, sólo el 1% de sus miembros hacen la mayoría de la conversación, lo que significa que hay que conseguir un montón de gente a visitar su comunidad con el fin de construir cualquier empuje.
Eso es cierto.

Agradecemos a todos los que nos unen. !Y realmente necesitamos y apreciamos los miembros que agregan a la discusión! Así que os damos todo el agradecimiento que merecéis!
Joniwrite1

Thanks Art!

Post by Joniwrite1 »

I've learned so much from your site. Thank you for creating it, and for taking the time to maintain it.

Joni
Joniwrite1

Return to “General Discussion - Discusión general”