Naves,Garcia,Gutierrez,Alvarez & Bionio of Piedras Blanc

Tell us your story!<br>
¡Dinos tu historia!

Moderator: Moderators

Joniwrite1

Naves,Garcia,Gutierrez,Alvarez & Bionio of Piedras Blanc

Post by Joniwrite1 »

My family came to the United States from Piedras Blancas, Asturias, Spain.
Our family Surnames are Naves, Garcia, Gutierrez, Alvarez and Bionio. I've been working on our genealogy since the 1960's when I was able to document all of my grandparents and their families in Spain. My grandparents emmigrated to the U.S. between 1908 and 1923 moving to Ohio, West Virginia, Kansas, Illinois and later to California where I was born. We also had several family member who moved to Cuba.
I'm always looking for more family! I understand and read Asturiano and Castillian, however, my writing and grammar are sketchy. I'd be happy to help others.

Joni Naves.
Joniwrite1
Terechu

Post by Terechu »

Welcome to the forum Joni. I believe this will be a case for Ron González :wink: , his grandparents were from the Piedras Blancas area and he's from West Virginia. You might even be related.., what do you think, Ron?
Joniwrite1

Family in West Virginia

Post by Joniwrite1 »

Thank you for the information! My mother was born in Clarksburg, West Virginia in 1922. My Wela, Faustina Gutierrez Garcia and her brothers and sisters lived there at different times. I have contacts with some members, however, the family has grown. The aunts were Adela, Aurelia and Josepha, the uncles were Jose, Manuel and Emillio. They were all born in Piedras Blancas to Jose and Perfecta Garcia. (There were other brothers and sisters who stayed in Spain). There were also Garcias on my Naves side who may have lived in W. Virginia for a time.

Are we related, Ron?
Joniwrite1
Ron Gonzalez

Post by Ron Gonzalez »

No, I don't think we are. Where in West Virginia did your family live? The name Emillio Garcia... I know that name from somewhere.
Joniwrite1

Garcia's in West Virginia

Post by Joniwrite1 »

Hi Ron,
My great uncle, Emillio Garcia was born abt. 1901 in Piedras Blancas, Asturias. I am told that he worked in the Zinc smelters in W. VA., later Cherryvale, KS.

Some of his family lived in Clarksburg, Harrison County, W. Virgina. I believe he may have a nephew by the same name. I will try to find out.
Joniwrite1
Joniwrite1

Garcia and Diaz in W.VA.

Post by Joniwrite1 »

Hi Ron,

I found Immigration ship records for my Wela, Faustina Garcia, showing that she joined her family in Anmoare, W.VA. in 1920. I was told by my cousin Mary Gonzalez Rosario, that they lived in Lost Creek. I'm not sure where this is.

Her sister was Aurelia Garcia who married Bill Iaquinta. They ran a restuarant/tavern and had 6 children (Frank, Angelina, Victoria, Joe, Mary Louise and Bill).

Joni
Joniwrite1
Bob

Lost Creek

Post by Bob »

Lost Creek is a small village (2010 population of 467) in Harrison county, West Virginia. It's on route 270, not far from the intersection of route 270 and I-79. This is not very far from Spelter (Ziezing) Anmoore, etc.
Ron Gonzalez

Post by Ron Gonzalez »

I did know an Emillio Garcia that lived in Spelter ( Ziesing). He had one daughter; she still lives in Clarksburg. I worked with him at Spelter. As far as I know, he always lived and worked in Spelter. He was a good guy, always joking, a happy go lucky guy.
Charolette

Post by Charolette »

Ron
Th Emillio Garcia that you are talking about sounds like my Uncle Lynchy.

His wife was Catherine (Cat) and his only daughter was Tonda and she now lives in Clarksburg.
Ron Gonzalez

Post by Ron Gonzalez »

That's the one.
Joniwrite1

Lost Creek and Emllio Garcia

Post by Joniwrite1 »

Thanks Bob for the location of Lost Creek. I was told it was somewhere near "the Zinc Plant". Apparently my grandfather, Santiago Diaz, worked there in the 20's.

Thank you Ron and Charolette for the information on Uncle Emillio. I'd love to know more.

Joni
Joniwrite1

Return to “Introduction of Members - Presentación de miembros”