Concha Menéndez

Discussion of photos in the AsturianUS.org photo album pages.<br>
Discusión de fotos en las páginas del álbum de fotos de AsturianUS.org.

Moderator: Moderators

Charolette

Post by Charolette »

I don't have anymore information on Concha, but I have a little on Avelino.His family called him Mino, he had 1 sister Josefa (my grandmother). Avelino's full name was Avelino Alonso Lopez. His father was Hermenegildo Alonso Campa and his mother was Maria Lopez Conde. I also have some of his grandparents names but I am traveling in our rv right now and don't have access to my documents. I will be home in about a week and will see what else I might have. We are going back to Aviles in September and planned on trying to get Avelino's birth and death records. I don't have any pictures of him but I do have one of his parents.
It is really good to hear from you and to find more information.
Ellie

Post by Ellie »

Did they all drop the last name and just went by Alonso?
Charolette

Post by Charolette »

The Spanish have two last names but the first last name (paternal) is the most important. The second last name is the Mothers line.
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Ellie, Charolette is right. This thread explains your question about Spanish last names in more detail:
http://www.asturianus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118

------------------

Ellie, Charolette tiene razón. Este tema explica con más detalle como funciona los apellidos españoles:
http://www.asturianus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118
Ellie

Post by Ellie »

Thank you I really need to learn alot more. Its been exciting finding out this much, and I have a million questions and alot to learn.
Cathy Langhoff

Concha Menendez

Post by Cathy Langhoff »

Ellie, I have been away from this list for awhile. I don't know if you have found any more info on Concha Menendez. Remember, my grandfather was her brother. His wife, Edna had a sister who married another brother, Angel/ Pat Menendez. My mother was an only child. She is still living in Virginia, but failing quickly. Pat and Betty are gone. They had one son, Raymond, who died in 2005. He had a son Adam and a daughter Kate. My mother, Joan, had me, Johnny who is deceased, Joseph, and Douglas, my half brother with her second husband. Let me know if you are still on the list.

Return to “Our Photo Album - Nuestro álbum de fotos”