Foro Asturias: ¿Posibilidad de progreso o no?

Rational discussion of "hot" issues that affect Asturias, the US, etc.<br>
Discusión racional de temas acalorados que afectan a Asturias, EE.UU., etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Sad_Aspie

Post by Sad_Aspie »

Hi Art,

I'm sorry for not having posted the very same election night, but -honestly- I was so depressed by the results that I didn't really feel like doing it:

PSOE --> 32.01% of votes, 16 Representatives, and thus the winners of the Election.

FAC --> 24.83% of votes, 13 representatives.

PP --> 21.53% of votes, 10 representatives.

IU (Commies) --> 13.78% of votes, 5 representatives.

UPyD* --> 3.75% of votes, 1 representative.

* UPyD (Unión, Progreso y Democracia, in English Union, Progress and Democracy) is Rosa Díez's party. They are very close to the Liberal Democrats in the UK.

I'd like just to state one point: HOW COULD ANYONE DARE TO VOTE PSOE!!! That's the very same party that has been destroying Asturies since the so-called "Restauration of Democracy", and also -in a wider National focus- the party which has had the most responsability in the ongoing Spanish Economic Crisis.
Just to give you a slight idea of how HUGEEEEEEEEEEEE's been the damage inflicted by former President Rodríguez Zapatero, both Andalusian and Asturian Socialdemocrat candidates agreed on NOT EVEN MENTIONING THE NAME of the former President Rodríguez Zapatero during the campaign. Some media have mentioned the possibility that Zapatero had been asked to stay out of the country during the Election Period, and the fact that he's been in Venezuela during all of the campaign makes me think that it might be true.

I just can find one explanation for this results: Asturians enjoy being mocked and loot. I think I can hear them: "Come on Javier Fernández, destroy our remaining Industry, please be lazy and corrupt".

Folks, this is highly depressing: I just want to get drunk this weekend.
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Thanks for the news.

I am not clear on how Spanish/Asturian elections work. Does the party with the most votes automatically "win"? Can two or three parties combine to create a majority coalition and form a government?

-------------------

Gracias por las noticias.

No me queda claro sobre cómo funcionan las elecciones españolas/asturianas. ¿Es que el partido con más votos automática "gana"? ¿Pueden dos o tres partidos combinarse para crear una coalición mayoritaria y crear un gobierno?
Maestro Tomberi

Post by Maestro Tomberi »

The thing; Art, is that regardless of the number of seats PSOE has attained, they can't rule by their own since it's needed absolute majority for that. And that is, 23 seats.

Knowing that PSOE and IU altogether have 21 of them, they still couldn't rule, so my guess is that Cascos will be re-named president of the region, who will have no other choice but to share the presidence along with PP (23 seats)
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

That's a good explanation. Thanks!

We have a very different system here. We vote for individuals, not parties. Then they have to work it out in the legislature as each bill is considered. And sometimes they don't.

------------------------

¡Gracias por una buena explicación!

Tenemos un sistema muy distinto aquí. Votamos a favor de personas, no partidos. Entonces ellos tienen que resolverlo en la legislatura en el proceso de considerar cada proyecto de ley. Y a veces no lo hacen.
Sad_Aspie

Post by Sad_Aspie »

Normalmente se suele dejar que gobierne el partido que haya sacado más escaños por fair play, pero lo cierto es que -desde el plano teórico- tan sólo se necesita el apoyo de la mitad del parlamento "más uno", esto es, el futuro presidente del Principado ha de contar con el voto favorable de 23 parlamentarios. Teniendo en cuenta que el voto emigrante ha dado un escaño más al PSOE (justamente las "leyendas urbanas", sí es que no aprendemos...) que ha sido descontado a FAC la situación queda tal que así:

PSOE (17)+IU(5)+UPyD (1) = Es la opción más factible desde mi punto de vista. UPyD ya ha dicho que no formaria parte del equipo de gobierno, pero pueden llegar a un acuerdo para lograr su voto positivo en la investidura.

FAC(12)+PP(10)+UPyD (1) = Teniendo en cuenta todas las tensiones existentes entre FAC y PP, veo esta opción harto improbable.

Por el bien de la región espero que unos u otros lleguen a un acuerdo, lo principal ahora es que la situación política se estabilice... el reglamento dice que si no se nombra un presidente en dos meses... ¡¡¡HAY QUE VOLVER A REPETIR LAS ELECCIONES!!!
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Muy bien. Me sorprende que la votación fue tan dividida. ¿Y no son el PP y FAC relativamente similar políticamente? ¿Es que hay mucha animosidad entre ellos?

Dinos como se lo resuelven. ¡No va a aparecer en las noticias aquí!

--------------------

Okay. I'm struck by how divided the vote was. Aren't PP and FAC relatively similar politically? Is there a lot of animosity between them?

Be sure to tell us how they resolve it. It won't appear in the news here!
Maestro Tomberi

Post by Maestro Tomberi »

Even if they are politically so closed; since Cascos hails spinned-off the PP party, he has many differences with Rajoy. This eventuality voided the possibilities for the configuration of the budgets and was also the responsible of this new elections.

With this new results I think both of them are condemned to understand between themselves. My two cents.

Return to “Political Discussion - Discusión política”