Carl's in Anmoore

> Formal: construction, farming, manufacturing, mining, small businesses, smelting, etc. > Informal: blackberry picking, boarding houses, bootlegging, clothes washing, sausage making.<br>
> Formal: construcción, agricultura, fabricación, minería, pequeñas empresas, fundición, etc. > Informal: cosecha de moras, pensiones, contrabandista, colada, embutimiento.

Moderators: Maria Garcia Alvarez, JuanLeon, Moderators

lgarcia

Carl's in Anmoore

Post by lgarcia »

This past weekend, I was speaking with my father, Dick Garcia. He grew-up in Anmoore...born 1937 - oldest son of Tim & Wilma Garcia.

My dad mentioned a store that most in Anmoore area frequented. He said it was called "Carl's." Now he may have used the wrong name but typically his memory on such details is accurate.

I recall walking frequently to this store with my grandmother around the year of 1963 or 1964. Vaguely, it seems I recall that it was near Thelma Jack's house (I may be wrong on this...I was only about 3 years old).

Does anyone else remember this store in Anmoore? Who owned it and / or any stories?

Linda Garcia
c32palmer

Carls market

Post by c32palmer »

I live a block from where Carls market was located. The building still stands. The owner was Carl Fletcher. My mother grew up around that time and she remembers it well.
Chad, i live in Anmoore West Virginia. If you have any questions about Anmoore please ask and i will do my best to get a answer.

Return to “Work & Industry - Trabajo e industria”