Were your relatives at this birthday party?

If you can't figure out where else to post, say it here.<br>
Si no sabes dónde poner tu tema, pongalo aquí.

Moderator: Moderators

lgarcia

Were your relatives at this birthday party?

Post by lgarcia »

I ran across a news clipping from the Clarksburg Telegram, February 1952 headlined, "Birthday Party Fetes Paul Edward Garcia". Did any of your relatives attend my uncle's party or do you recognize the names? The clipping reads:

Mr. and Mrs. Tim F. Garcia of Anmoore, honored their son, Paul Edward, on his tenth birthday at a surprise party held Tuesday evening at their home.

Games and movies were the entertainment for the evening. Door prizes were won by Donald Louk and Judy Craig. Other prizes were won by Nancy George, Judy Rowe and Robert Russell.

Guests were: Judy Rowe, Patty Lynch, Nancy Conwell, Karen Skidmore, Judy Welch, Nancy and Betty George, Carolyn Hoskinson, Connie Louk, Carlton Hoskinson, Robin Wentz, Robert Russell, Ronald Queen, Donald Kniceley, Johnie Powell, Judy Craig, Larry Hufford, Judy Garland, Linda Leon, Carl and Paul Garcia.
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

It's interesting to see that the names represent a variety of ethnicities. Evidently by 1952 the Asturians were well-integrated into the broader culture.

------------------------------

Es interesante notar que los nombres representan una variedad de orígenes étnicos. Evidentemente antes de 1952 los asturianos ya fueran bien integrados en la cultura general.
c32palmer

Post by c32palmer »

Linda Leon is my second cousin. She lives in Ohio.
Chad, i live in Anmoore West Virginia. If you have any questions about Anmoore please ask and i will do my best to get a answer.
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

I suspect that Robin Wentz, who was listed in the party announcement, is related to one of my uncles, also a Wentz from Anmoore.

Return to “General Discussion - Discusión general”