1930 Donora Zinc Works Soccer Club Photo

Discussion of photos in the AsturianUS.org photo album pages.<br>
Discusión de fotos en las páginas del álbum de fotos de AsturianUS.org.

Moderator: Moderators

Brian Houston

1930 Donora Zinc Works Soccer Club Photo

Post by Brian Houston »

If any one has or can suggest how or where I can find a copy of the Donora Zinc Works soccer club photo that was taken in 1930 please contact me. My grandfather (Art Garcia) is pictured front center bottom row directly behind the mascot.

The photo was taken after winning the game against Moundsville, West Virginia. at Legion Field. The game netted over $1000 for the Donora Commnity Chest.

I received a photo copy (not of good quality) from my uncle who photo copied it from a magazine. The magazine had run an article about the Donora sports clubs. It spoke of 1920's & 1930's soccer as well as Ken Griffy 1975 basketball. This article had to have been published after 1975.

If any body has a good copy of this photo please contact me.
Lindagirl

contact jbarbo/or research his post on this subject

Post by Lindagirl »

Greetings to everyone!

Donora has had many soccer teams over 1920-1950. Here are two teams from the 1930 Spanish Zinc Works and the Spanish Club Maroons from 1948-49. Can you name everyone in the photos? My uncles, Joe Barbao and Emil Barbao were on the 1930 team. The young boys on the 1948-49 team are Jimmy Fernandez and Ricardo' Dinks' Fernandez, son of " El Cubano.

---------------------

Saludos a todos!

Donora ha tenido muchos equipos de futbol entre 1920-1950. Aqui hay dos equipos del ano 1930, Spanish Zinc Works y el Spanish Club Maroons del ano1948-49. Conoce a los jugadores en las fotos? Mis tios, Joe Barbao y Emilio Barbao jugaron con el equipo 1930. Los guajes en la foto del 1948-49 son Jimmy Fernandez y Ricardo'Dinks' Fernandez, hijo de 'El Cubano.

Return to “Our Photo Album - Nuestro álbum de fotos”