FELIZ DIA DE ASTURIAS A TOD@S

Happenings of interest to forum participants.<br>
Sucesos de interés a foreros.

Moderator: Moderators

chiaray

FELIZ DIA DE ASTURIAS A TOD@S

Post by chiaray »

!!FELIZ DIA DE ASTURIAS!!

Hoy es el 8 de Septiembre Dia de la Virgen de Covadonga....nuestra patrona.

Este año será Tineo quien acoja los actos de la celebración.
http://www.lne.es/asturias/2012/08/11/t ... 83092.html

chiaray
Tengo familia en Tampa, FL.
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Gracias, Chiaray. Aquí en los EEUU hay fiestas en los centros asturianos.

¡Tu saludo (sobre el Día de Asturias) es importante porque muchísimos de los nietos de los inmigrantes asturianos (por lo menos los que no pertenecen a un centro asturiano) no conocen del Día de Asturias!

¿A propósito, que significa "Chiaray"?

----------------------

Thanks, Chiaray. Here in the US, there are celebrations in the Centros Asturianos.

Your greetings (about the Day of Asturias) is important because a great many of the grandchildren of the Asturian immigrants (at least those who do not belong to a Centro Asturiano) are unaware of the Day of Asturias!

On another topic, what does "Chiaray" mean?
chiaray

Post by chiaray »

No hay por qué Art,

Supongo que allí se celebre el Dia de Asturias dada la gran cantidad de descendientes de asturianos que hay, la pena es que las generaciones venideras lo vayan olvidando...., es bueno recordar de dónde venimos.

Yo soy una persona que me encanta saber de mis familiares antepasados, he escuchado muchas historias que me contaban mis abuelos, me encanta la fotografía antígua....y ahora gracias a este invento que es internet, he encontrado a muchos de ellos. Ahora intento saber algo sobre familiares que tengo en Tampa y se apellidan De La Parte.....y eran de Infiesto de Qués.

Pues chiaray es mi nombre de guerra en internet, surgio hace doce años cuando puse una tienda en ebay.... Me imagino que Art será de Arturo o de Arte..

Me encantaría hacer la traducción en English pero es muy limitado.

Un saludo a tod@s,
Clara
Tengo familia en Tampa, FL.
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Sí, tenemos intereses parecidos, Clara.

Pues, los centros asturianos están pocos: Nueva York, Miami, y Tampa. De verdad, lo de Tampa no está muy fuerte; tiene un edificio estupendo y pocos socios. Los nietos viven por todos partes del país, y la gran mayoría no viven cerca de un centro. También, la mayoría de asturianos se casan con personas no asturianas. Por eso, la mayoría no conocen de sus raíces asturianas. Eso es una parte de la razón para que formamos el foro.

------------------------

Yes, we have similar interests, Clara.

Well, there are very few Centros Asturianos in the US: New York, Miami, and Tampa. To tell the truth, the one in Tampa is not very strong, having more a fabulous building and very few members. The grandchildren of the immigrants live all across the country and the majority don't live near a Centro. Also, the majority don't marry another Asturian. For these reasons, the majority don't know their Asturian roots. That's part of why the forum was created!
Hilda

Post by Hilda »

Art, I wrote you to admin@AsturianUS, as I need your help. I have beautiful pictures of last Sunday 9th Centro Asturiano de Miami celebration Dia de Asturias 2012, but I don't know how to post them. Recently I also received condecoration of the Orden del Merito Civil. Please contact me. My best regards to all of you, especially Bob, who is very active again.
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Hi, Hilda,

I'm sorry. I'm sure I wrote a reply, but I can't find it, so it must not have gotten sent to you. That's very odd.

We used to add photos to our photo album, but I've been swamped with school work and an internship and we've not had any volunteers willing and able to do the work. So instead, we have been using a third party image hosting service.

If you want to post the photos on the forum, here's how you do it. When you're typing in your message, look under the message box for "Add image to post". Click on that, and it will guide you through the process. The results aren't elegant, but it's quick and easy.

One warning. You will see a choice between "Family safe" and "Adult content." Please choose "Family safe." If you click on "Adult content" the image hosting service will display photos of naked women along with your photos.

Return to “Events - Acontecimientos”