Documentary in Tampa by Luis Argeo & James Fernandez

Visual arts with movement over time: film, video, etc.<br>
Artes visuales con movimiento que dura un periódo de tiempo: cine, video, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Art
Site Admin

Documentary in Tampa by Luis Argeo & James Fernandez

Post by Art »

A message from James Fernandez on Facebook.

It looks like Luis Argeo and I might be traveling to Tampa, Florida, in April, to begin field work for our documentary project about Spanish immigrants in the US. If you live in Tampa, or if your descendants lived there, and you've got pictures, documents, or stories to share, please contact me. Feliz 2013.

[Art: I have Jame's email, so contact me using the address at the bottom of the page if you want to email him.]
Bob

Tampa area

Post by Bob »

Hi Art,

Don't forget Tony Carreño and his partner Bill Wear in St. Petersburg, across the bay from Tampa. Let me know if you need their address, email and phone number.

Bob
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

You're absolutely right! Tony's interested and will be contacting them.
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

[Art: Received from Luis Argeo by email]
Trans. Art

----------------------------------

Art,
Thanks a lot for your help. We're going to try to move this project forward with few resources, but we're very excited about it.
We will also need videos, motion pictures, super 8 mm films, and all kinds of useful documentation that are worth preserving.
Big hug,
Luis

[Art: Luis had great success with his AsturianUS documentary, which was also created on a shoestring budget. I have great confidence in his vision and talent.]

----------------------------------

Art,
Gracias por la ayuda. Vamos a intentar sacar este proyecto adelante sin apenas medios, pero con mucha ilusión.
Necesitaríamos también vídeos, imágenes en movimiento, películas súper 8mm, todo tipo de documentación útil y digna de ser preservada.
Big hug,
Luis

[Art: Luis tuvo gran éxito con su documental AsturianUS, que también creó con un presupuesto muy reducido. Tengo mucha confianza en su visión y talento.]
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

[Art: Update from Jim Fernandez received by email]

Keep the referrals coming!

As Luis says, we need as much material as possible. And what doesn't make it into the documentary will become part of the archive we're building.

Happy New Year!
Jim F.

[Art: We're very lucky to have Jim working on this project. He has a great deal of experience in researching and presenting the history of Spaniards and Asturians in the US.]

------------------------------
Trans. Art

¡Que sigues enviando nombres de personas interesadas!

Como dice Luis, necesitamos tanto material como sea posible. Y lo que no lo aparece en el documental se convertirá en parte del archivo que estamos construyendo.

¡Feliz Año Nuevo!
Jim F.

[Art: Somos muy afortunados de que Jim está trabajando en este proyecto. Tiene mucha experiencia en la investigación y la presentación de la historia de los españoles y asturianos en los EEUU.]
Bob

Post by Bob »

I have no videos, but I do have photos and I know many stories of my father and his brothers in Spelter. Let me know if you would like copies of the photos and a written version of some of the stories.

Bob

Return to “Time Media Arts - Artes de medios temporales”