Compras por pedido postal (mail order)

If you can't figure out where else to post, say it here.<br>
Si no sabes dónde poner tu tema, pongalo aquí.

Moderator: Moderators

Manuell Alvarez

Compras por pedido postal (mail order)

Post by Manuell Alvarez »

Nuestra oficina de correos me dice que no reconoce a España como uno de los países que aceptan giros postales internacionales. ¿Cuál es el método más seguro y segura de enviar dinero allí, y son ciudadanos Españoles autorizados a poseer la moneda estadounidense?

Manny

---------------------

Our post office tells me that they do not recognize Spain as one of those countries that accepts international money orders. What is the safest and secure way of sending money there, and are Spanish citizens allowed to possess American currency?

Manny
Eric Smith Fernandez

Post by Eric Smith Fernandez »

Hi Manny,

I have had success with wire transfers through my bank. There is usually a fee, though. You need the routing number of course. I hope this helps.

Eric.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hola Manny,

He tenido éxito con las transferencias electrónicas a través de mi banco. Sin embargo, generalmente hay una tarifa. Se necesita el número de ruta, por supuesto. Espero que esto le ayude.

Eric.
Soy un estudiante. Quiero estar seguro de que estoy escribiendo bien Si alguien se da cuenta de los errores gramaticales míos en los mensajes ¿Me puede avisar?
Manuell Alvarez

Hola Eric,

Gracias por su pronta respuesta, sugerencia, y gentil ofrecimiento para ayudar. Yo Iutilize un sitio de traducción por ordenador, "Traductor de Google", a pesar de mi español.
Lamentablemente, tres años de estudios en la escuela secundaria no era suficiente.
Mi padre una vez me dijo que yo hablaba español como una vaca, lo que equivale a decir que no era español. Él estaba muy orgulloso de mí, como yo estoy orgulloso de él.

Manny

---------------------------------

Hello Eric,

Thank you for your prompt response, suggestion, and offer to help. I utilize a computer translation site, "Google Translator", for all my Spanish. Unfortunately, three years of study in high school was not enough. My father once told me that I spoke Spanish like a cow which is to say that it was not Spanish. He was very proud of me as I am proud of him.

Manny
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Hello, Manny and Eric,

One other possibility is to use MoneyGram. Walmart offers this service at a discounted rate, cheaper than using MoneyGram online. It tends to be cheaper than a bank wire for amounts up to several hundred dollars (I think it's up to $899.99 for the 10- minute transfers and up to $499.99 for the 4-hour transfers). For amounts over that, the fees are often higher than for wiring the money. (If I remember correctly, the actual times required for the funds to arrive are much longer.)

Manny, we strongly recommend against using the raw output of machine translation (like http://translate.google.com) in messages. It is almost 100% guaranteed to confuse and irritate (or amuse) native readers.

To use the machine translation correctly, you must be able to review and edit the text to make sure it is sensible. Thus, if your Spanish is not good enough to do the editing (I don't know how yours is), it is much better to just write in English and let the reader translate it themselves.

Any reader can use a web service to translate forum pages and then do the interpreting themselves. That's certainly better than wasting readers' time and forum space with badly mangled Spanish.
Manuell Alvarez

Please remove my name and postings on the forum and internet.

Manuell Alvarez
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Sorry, Manny, I'm not sure what that last message means. Can you explain?

Return to “General Discussion - Discusión general”