FAQFAQ          SearchSearch          MemberlistMemberlist          UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile          Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages          Log inLog in          
Looking for any information on Abellino Ovies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Asturian-American Migration Forum Index -> General Discussion - Discusión general
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anthony C. Ovies

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Looking for any information on Abellino Ovies Reply with quote

I am trying to find information on my grandfather, Abellino (Avellino) Ovies, and his family. He married my grandmother Etellina Prieto Bueno in 1923 and they lived in Spelter until his death around 1929. My grandmother lost her first husband Juan Julio Bueno during Spanish flu outbreak. There were 4 children by Bueno, and 4 children by Ovies. My father was Manuel Ovies.

I am also related to the Muniz' in Spelter. My grandmother's sister was married to a Muniz.

Any information would be helpful. Thanks so much
Ron Gonzalez

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anthony, I remember Manuel Ovies but not much , I remember something about him working in a shoe store in Clarksburg that about it. The Muniz family I remember very well: Jim, Henry, Florence. As kids, they lived at the foot of the big hill in Spelter. Florence lived next door to her mom and dad, Jim also lived in Spelter. Henry lived at Edgewood in Clarksburg. Their mom lived to be 105 or 106. She was living in Ohio at a daughter's home, but I can't remember her name. I remember when Jim passed. He was a good friend. Sorry Anthony I forget Roy Muniz ,how can you forget Roy , he lives in Spelter also, he still with us I see him often .
Anthony C. Ovies

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ron,
You are correct. My father Manuel Ovies worked at Wun-Der Shoe Store along with my mother Angie Vallelonga Ovies. All the Muniz's you mentioned are my father's first cousins. I see Lemeul Muniz quite often, and I went to school with Mark Muniz at Victory. My grandmother lived to be 100 yrs old.

Unfortunately, no one ever spoke of my grandfather, and I have no information on him. So i am digging into the research of finding long lost relatives on the Ovies side.

Anthony
Ron Gonzalez

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember your grandfather but know nothing about him. You could talk to Roy, as he is the last of the family.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Asturian-American Migration Forum Index -> General Discussion - Discusión general All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: