Relatives in Aviles

Researching our ancestors in Asturias & America.<br>
Investigando nuestros antepasados en Asturias y America

Moderators: svgev, Maria Garcia Alvarez, Moderators

Fran Martin

Relatives in Aviles

Post by Fran Martin »

I am looking for any connection that I might be able to find to my father's relatives in Spain. My father, Manuel Martinez was born in Aviles in 1916. His father's name was also Manuel Martinez and his mother was Mercedes Arrojo. My grandmother has one brother that came to the US. His name as Vincente Arrojo. She also had 2 brothers, Aurelio and Emilio and a sister Macrina (Maria) who all stayed in the Aviles area.

According to my cousin Inez from WVA, there should be a Luis Arrojo Fernandez who lives in Piedras Blancas and works for Alcoa. But when I tried to contact him using the information that she gave me, I could not find him. His wife's name would be Cristina Viejo Menendez and his son is Angel Arrojo Menendez.

If anyone could help me locate even one relative, I would really appreciate it. I am planning to visit Aviles this summer and would really love to meet them.

Thank you,
Fran Martin
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Welcome, Fran!

The Spanish Whitepages are your friend. Check this out:
A couple of Arrojos of interest.

---------------------------

¡Bienvenida, Fran!

Un amigo tuyo es las paginasmarillas. Mira aquí:
Unos Arrojos de interés.
Fran Martin

Post by Fran Martin »

Thanks Bob for the info, but how do I find out if any of these people are people that I am related to? Is the only way to find out by writing to them or is there a way to find email addresses? I'm new at this and would really appreciate any tips that you can give me.
Fran Martin
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

This is Art.

You would have to call or write to them. I don't know of any way to get email addresses. At least one of those people is likely to be family, so it's a very worthwhile venture! They will almost certainly be happy to hear from you. Good luck!
Luis AF

Post by Luis AF »

Hi Fran,

I am the Luis you are looking for. Let me know an e-mail address and I will reply to you to establish comunication.

Luis
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Fran, you are exceptionally lucky! It appears that Luis' English is very good, too!

Welcome, Luis! How did you find Fran's message?

Please note that we don't allow email addresses in the forum because we don't want to become a spam magnet. But if Fran writes a few more messages the system will turn on the option that allows her to use the "email" button to send a message to Luis.
Luis AF

Post by Luis AF »

Hello Art,
I found the message by chance. I was looking some info in the web. I wrote my name and I got the message of Fran. You can imagine my surprise.

I hope Fran can contact soon.
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

That's great! What is unusual about this is that it occurred so soon after she wrote the message. Often people have to wait months or years.
ANGEL ARROJO HERES

ABOUT FRAN MARTIN

Post by ANGEL ARROJO HERES »

Hello, Art. I am Angel Arrojo Heres, cousin of Luis Arrojo Fernández, which mentions Fran in his commentary. Today have been talking abut it and, in fact, his mother Mercedes Arrojo was sister of our grandfather, Emilio Arrojo and Macrina Arrojo.
Angel Arrojo Heres
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Welcome, Angel!
Let's hope Fran returns to the forum, soon!
Fran Martin

connection

Post by Fran Martin »

Luis,
I am so excited to hear from you. I can't believe how lucky it was that you found my note.

You can write to me at........... I will be looking forward to making the connection with my cousins!

Fran

[Art: email address removed. As explained earlier, they can not be posted to the forum. We have a strong anti-spam policy.]
Fran Martin
Fran Martin

Re: ABOUT FRAN MARTIN

Post by Fran Martin »

Angel,

It is good to hear from you, too. How did you find my note? I am so lucky that both you and Luis answered. I have been trying to look into my family history with no luck until now.

Please feel free to contact me .......... so that we can get to know a little about each others families.

Your cousin,
Fran

[Art: email address removed. As explained earlier, they can not be posted to the forum. We have a strong anti-spam policy.]
Fran Martin
Luis AF

Post by Luis AF »

Hello Fran,
I am sending a couple of e-mails to you and I get this: [Action: Failed
I think it is some setting related to spam police. Please check that. If you could provide me another alternative e-mail (you already have my e-mail) that would be fine.
ANGEL ARROJO HERES

ANGEL ARROJO

Post by ANGEL ARROJO HERES »

Yesterday my wife and I, were with Luis and Cristina talking about you and the family who emigrated to USA. Luis also have all the family tree where we and you are situated.

Is very interesting to know the relationship that unites us and the history of the family. We have a lot of information that Luis granted the parish.

I will ask for the email yours to luis and I will send you the mine.

A hug
Angel Arrojo Heres
Rick Zimmerman

Luis Arrojo Fernadez

Post by Rick Zimmerman »

Hi
It looks like you made the conection to Luis Arrojo Fernadez. If you have not I can help you. I am his cousin in St. Louis and I am often in touch with him. Many members of the family came to St. Louis after the Zinc Foundry closed in Arnao.
Rick Zimmerman
Richard Garcia Zimmerman

Return to “Genealogy - Genealogía”