Dia de Asturias - Tampa & Miami

Happenings of interest to forum participants.<br>
Sucesos de interés a foreros.

Moderator: Moderators

Rodrig54

Dia de Asturias - Tampa & Miami

Post by Rodrig54 »

The Centro Asturiano de Tampa is hosting its 12th annual Dia de Asturias on Sunday, September 15.

Doors open at 11:30 am
Adults $40 and children to 12 years $15

Activities include:
- videos of Asturias and neighboring provinces;
- Tapas;
- Arroz con pollo, 1905 Salad, bread, flan and drink provided by the Columbia Restaurant in Ybor City;
- Lecture on an Asturian topic by Dr. Favata;
- Presentation of the Jinete Award;
- Various stage acts and musical numbers;
- Procession and display of the Santina, Our Lady of Covadonga;
- Raffles.

This is a major fundraiser for the club, with over 240 expected in attendance.

If more information is needed, or to purchase tickets over the phone, please call 813.229-2214

Gracias
Hilda

Post by Hilda »

Congratulations and very happy to hear from our friends of Centro Asturiano de Tampa. Centro Asturiano de Miami is also celebrating same event, same date, and approx. same hour, as rest of Centros Asturianos worldwide do, either on Sunday 8th (the true day) or 15th, depending on their schedule. Thiis is the most important event of the year for Asturian people, and it's unbeleivable the feeling and coordination, no matter the distance or cincumstances, La Santina is our link. This day we are having a typical Asturian lunch: empanada, fabada & arroz con leche. First "misa y procesion" St. Roberto Belarmino church in Miami, then the lunch at the parish hall. Contact ph. (305) 271-2966 or centroasturmiami@bellsouth.net

Also we are having a lecture on Saturday, August 24th 5th p.m. Title: "La obra del Poeta de Asturias, Alfonso Camin" it's a cultural activity. Art, under separate cover I'm sending you copy of the invitation, is not easy for me to post it. Of course your help is very much appreciated. My best regards to you and Bob, am still thinking on the symposim in Miami and will keep you informed, please let me hear from you both. We are celebrating this year our 40th Anniversary.
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Congratulations to the Centro Asturiano de Miami on 40 years of service to the Asturian community!

I've posted the lecture announcement here:
http://www.asturianus.org/forum/viewtop ... 2769#22769

Return to “Events - Acontecimientos”