Private Messages (PM)

Have a question? Run into a problem on the site? Please tell us.<br>
¿Tienes una pregunta? ¿Topaste un problema en el sitio? Dinos.

Moderator: Moderators

Suronda
Co-Founder

Private Messages (PM)

Post by Suronda »

Art,

I replied to a PM today, and realized that once I had hit reply, I was unable to see any of the original message. I needed to reference the text for my reply since I wasn't able to print the original message at the time.

Is there a reason why we don't have this feature when replying to PMs? I didn't see any place to adjust my "preferences" here at the Asturian-American Migration Forum to avoid this issue.

Mil gracias,

Suronda

----------

Reverso translation (tweaked by Art)

Art,

Contesté a un mensaje privado (PM) hoy, y se dio cuenta de que una vez que yo había golpeado la respuesta, yo era incapaz de ver cualquiera del mensaje original. Tuve que referirme el texto para mi respuesta ya que no fui capaz de imprimir el mensaje original entonces.

¿Hay una razón por qué no tenemos este rasgo contestando a PMs? Yo no vi ningún lugar para ajustar mis "preferencias" aquí en el Foro de Migración Asturiano Americano para evitar este problema.

Mil gracias,

Suronda
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

You're absolutely right. This is a real bummer. I've taken to (carefully) using the back button to go back and forth between the original message and my reply.

Another option in Internet Explorer, at least, is to press "Control" and "n", which will bring up a new window with the same content (except that the text of your reply probably won't appear). Use the back space on this new window, and then swap between the two windows using "Alt" and "Tab".

I will ask the developers to see if this is a possible modification of the software. I would think that it would be already implemented if it was easy.

----------------

Reverso translation (tweaked by Art)

Estas en lo cierto. Esto es un verdadero decepción. Me he usado (con cuidado) la tecla de retroceso ["Back"] para volver y en adelante entre el mensaje original y mi respuesta.

Otra opción en Internet Explorer, al menos, es presionar "el Control" y "n", que criará una nueva ventana con el mismo contenido (pero el texto de su respuesta probablemente no aparecerá). Usa la tecla de retroceso ["Back"] con esta nueva ventana, y luego cambia entre las dos ventanas usando "Alt" y "Tab" (la tecla de tabulación).

Pediré a los reveladores ver si esto es una modificación posible del software. Yo pensaría que ya sería puesto en práctica si fuera fácil.

Return to “Need Help? - ¿Precisas ayuda?”