The Spanish Society of St. Louis Rana League Website

Stories, rituals, customs, & more.<br>
Cuentos, rituales, costumbres, y más.

Moderator: Moderators

bast1399

The Spanish Society of St. Louis Rana League Website

Post by bast1399 »

Here is a link to the Rana League that we have here in St. Louis Missouri. www.leaguelineup.com/spanishsocietyrana
I know that we have Americanized the game a bit but thought you may like to have a look at it. There is also a list of players past and present that may have links to family still in Spain.

I was not sure where to post this exactly so if you have a proper place for it please move to where you think best suited.
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Thanks for posting that, Bast. Along with Miami, NYC, and Tampa, St. Louis must have one of the strongest Spanish/Asturian groups in the US. Do you know what percentage of the Spanish there identify as Asturian?
bast1399

percentage

Post by bast1399 »

From what I have been told when the great migration from West Virginia occurred it was around 85%, to day it is mainly 3rd & 4th generations of the original settlers.
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

That makes sense, given that the majority of the Spanish in north central WV were Asturian.

Did the migration take place when a zinc factory opened in the St. Louis area?

Would a majority of the 3rd and 4th generation still consider themselves Asturian or Asturian-American?
Bob

My family

Post by Bob »

Hi Bast,

My family lived in West Virginia, but also spent some time in Kansas and St. Louis before moving there. They eventually moved to Niagara Falls.

Bob

Return to “Folklore”