Entrugues frecuentesEntrugues frecuentes          BuscarBuscar          MiembrosMiembros          Grupos d'UsuariosGrupos d'Usuarios    RexistraseRexistrase 
 PerfilPerfil          Entre pa ver los sus mensaxes privaosEntre pa ver los sus mensaxes privaos          ConectaseConectase          
The Spanish Society of St. Louis Rana League Website

Publicar nueu tema   Responder al tema    Índiz del foro de la migración astur-americana -> Folklore
Ver tema anterior :: Ver tema siguiente  
Autor Mensaxe
bast1399

Rexistrau: 16 Xun 2006
Mensaxes: 9
Llugar: st louis mo

MensaxePublicao: Mie Xin 29, 2014 4:32 pm    Asuntu: The Spanish Society of St. Louis Rana League Website Responder citando

Here is a link to the Rana League that we have here in St. Louis Missouri. www.leaguelineup.com/spanishsocietyrana
I know that we have Americanized the game a bit but thought you may like to have a look at it. There is also a list of players past and present that may have links to family still in Spain.

I was not sure where to post this exactly so if you have a proper place for it please move to where you think best suited.
Tornar arriba  
Art
Site Admin

Rexistrau: 17 Feb 2003
Mensaxes: 4498
Llugar: Maryland

MensaxePublicao: Xue Xin 30, 2014 1:54 am    Asuntu: Responder citando

Thanks for posting that, Bast. Along with Miami, NYC, and Tampa, St. Louis must have one of the strongest Spanish/Asturian groups in the US. Do you know what percentage of the Spanish there identify as Asturian?
Tornar arriba  
bast1399

Rexistrau: 16 Xun 2006
Mensaxes: 9
Llugar: st louis mo

MensaxePublicao: Xue Xin 30, 2014 7:48 am    Asuntu: percentage Responder citando

From what I have been told when the great migration from West Virginia occurred it was around 85%, to day it is mainly 3rd & 4th generations of the original settlers.
Tornar arriba  
Art
Site Admin

Rexistrau: 17 Feb 2003
Mensaxes: 4498
Llugar: Maryland

MensaxePublicao: Xue Xin 30, 2014 11:22 pm    Asuntu: Responder citando

That makes sense, given that the majority of the Spanish in north central WV were Asturian.

Did the migration take place when a zinc factory opened in the St. Louis area?

Would a majority of the 3rd and 4th generation still consider themselves Asturian or Asturian-American?
Tornar arriba  
Bob

Rexistrau: 24 Feb 2003
Mensaxes: 1740
Llugar: Connecticut and Massachusetts

MensaxePublicao: Vie Xin 31, 2014 12:52 am    Asuntu: My family Responder citando

Hi Bast,

My family lived in West Virginia, but also spent some time in Kansas and St. Louis before moving there. They eventually moved to Niagara Falls.

Bob
Tornar arriba  
Mostrar mensaxes de anteriores:   
Publicar nueu tema   Responder al tema    Índiz del foro de la migración astur-americana -> Folklore Toles hores son GMT - 4 Hores
Páxina 1 de 1

Dir a:  
Pue publicar nueos temes n'esti foru
Nun pue responder a temes n'esti foru
Nun pue editar los sus mensaxes n'esti foru
Nun pue esborriar los sus mensaxes n'esti foru
Nun pue votar en encuestes n'esti foru

Site design & hosting by

Zoller Wagner Digital Design