Want to collect lyrics and sheets for German Folk-Site...

Group &amp; solo; voice, bagpipe, guitar, drum, etc.<br>
Banda y solo; voz, gaita, guitarra, tambor, etc.

Moderators: mariamatoyos, Chris, Moderators

thorralf

Want to collect lyrics and sheets for German Folk-Site...

Post by thorralf »

:D Hello Asturian musicians...

I hope that you are not embarrassed that a non-Asturian has joined the forum...
I want to explain....

As a teacher for the bodhrán (celtic framedrum) I got in contact with the fabulous music of Asturia and Galicia... In Germany the music is not really known and people only mention Ireland and Scotland when it comes to celtic music... unfortunately my Asturian is bad (because I don't know a single word :wink: ) Galician music is not hard to find, but I don't know any sources for traditional Asturian songs or sheets for dances.

The website CantaLibre collects music from all over the world to make it accessable for folk-musicians. I think if somebody describes the music best than a native Asturian. I would like to get in contact with all of you to make your wonderful music accessable to German folk-musicians, that do have interest in playing or singing it "the right way"

My wife plays the gaita (galega, sorry) and is interested in new material, too...
und tschüss

Thórralf
Carlos

Suggested link

Post by Carlos »

Hi, Thorralf

I reccomend you this link (in English)

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/us ... asturiana/

Do you understand Spanish? (yes, yes, I know, Asturian is too much :lol: )
thorralf

Post by thorralf »

Thank you for the fast reply! Unfortunately I do not understand Spanish either... Maybe it is good for my wife to join the Asturian-Bagpiper's group.

Again my question to all:
Do you know sources for sheets, ABCs, midis and lyrics referring Asturian or Galician music?

@webmaster: this site has a really good design! :wink:
und tschüss

Thórralf
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Welcome, Thorralf!

The best source I've found is in books and tapes. Carlos pointed me to a very kind bookshop owner at ...

[Art: I´m sorry, it's closed: Alborá Llibros, Plaza Romualdo Alvargonzáles 5, 33202 Xixón, Asturies. Phone: 535-42-13.]

Carlos would also be the best person to recommend the best books for your needs.

There is a very fat book of Asturian tunes available in bookstores in Asturias. [I found it! See my message further down this thread.] I'm pretty sure Alborá Llibros has is, as does Cervantes in Oviedo. Perhaps Carlos will know which one I mean.

I can say that there are a lot of tunes in some of the gaita instruction books.

--La gaita asturiana: Método para su aprendizaje, Principado de Asturias, 1991. ISBN: 84-7847-082-4. Unfortunately this is no longer in print and not available except by photocopy.

--Xuacu Amíeva, Metodo de gaita asturiana, Ediciones TREVA, 1998. ISBN: 84-95178-12-5. He also has a newer book: "La Gaita asturiana: Método interactivo de enseñanza," Nobel Ediciones, 2003.

--José Manuel Fernández "Guti", Método de gaita asturiana, 1er. curso, vtp editorial, 2002. ISBN: 84-89880-57-3. He also has a 2° curso, 2003.

--------------
Translated by Art & Reverso

¡Bienvenida, Thorralf!

La mejor fuente que he encontrado está en libros y cintas. Carlos me señaló a un propietario de librería muy amable: Alborá Llibros, Plaza Romualdo Alvargonzáles 5, 33202 Xixón, Asturies. Teléfono: 535-42-13.

Carlos también sería la mejor persona para recomendar los mejores libros para sus necesidades.

Hay un libro muy gordo de melodías asturianas disponibles en librerías en Asturias. [¡Lo encontré! Vea mi mensaje más abajo en este hilo.] Soy bastante seguro que ....

[Art: Lo siento ha cerrado: Alborá Llibros tiene esto, y Cervantes en Oviedo, tambien.]

Quizás Carlos sepa de cual libro pienso.

Puedo decir que hay muchos canciones en los libros de instrucción para la gaita.

--La gaita asturiana: Método para su aprendizaje, Principado de Asturias, 1991. ISBN: 84-7847-082-4. Desafortunadamente este libro es agotado, excepto por la fotocopia.

--Xuacu Amíeva, Metodo de gaita asturiana, Ediciones TREVA, 1998. ISBN: 84-95178-12-5. Tambien tiene un libro nuevo: "La Gaita asturiana: Método interactivo de enseñanza," Nobel Ediciones, 2003.

--José Manuel Fernández "Guti", Método de gaita asturiana, 1er. curso, vtp editorial, 2002. ISBN: 84-89880-57-3. Tambien tiene el 2° curso, 2003.
Last edited by Art on Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:19 pm, edited 6 times in total.
thorralf

Post by thorralf »

wow - loadsa information!!! Thanks

Are there ISBN-No. for the books being mentioned?
und tschüss

Thórralf
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

No problem. I've added (above) the ISBN numbers for the three books I have here. The others are available online at Cervantes.

cheers!
-------

Ni problema (¿se dice así?). He añadido (arriba) los numeros de ISBN para los tres libros que tengo aqui. Los otros son disponibles en línea en la página Web de Cervantes.

¡saludos!
Carlos

Asturian music

Post by Carlos »

Hi all you.

Some links on Asturian music:

http://gaiteru.turincon.com/
http://www.asturies.org/viesca/gaita/
http://www.ismael.org/les40/frameset.htm
http://pagina.de/MusTradAst

Ismael María González Arias is one of the most reputated searchers on the typical Asturian song, the Asturian "tonada", and has some works published in the matter.

Regards 8)
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

These two books may be what Thorralf was looking for:

Cancionero Popular de la Lírica Popular Asturiana by Eduardo M. Torner, Ed. 4th Edition. Publisher: Real Instituto de Estudios Asturianos, Oviedo, 2000. I.S.B.N.: 84-89645-36-1.

50 Años de Cancioneros Asturianos Armonizados (1885-1935) by Gabriel Martínez García, Ed. 1st Edición. Publisher: Real Instituto de Estudios Asturianos, Oviedo, 1989. I.S.B.N.: 84-87212-03-4.

------------

Estos dos libros pueden ser lo que buscaba Thorralf:

Cancionero Popular de la Lírica Popular Asturiana por Eduardo M. Torner, Ed. Edition 4°. Editorial: Real Instituto de Estudios Asturianos, Oviedo, 2000. I.S.B.N.: 84-89645-36-1.

50 Años de Cancioneros Asturianos Armonizados (1885-1935) por Gabriel Martínez García, Ed. Edición 1°. Editorial: Real Instituto de Estudios Asturianos, Oviedo, 1989. I.S.B.N.: 84-87212-03-4.
Ana Cris

Re: Want to collect lyrics and sheets for German Folk-Site..

Post by Ana Cris »

You may want to check this Yahoo group on Asturian bagpipes, is in English, in the files section there is some small ABC software and 300 ABC format asturian tunes you can both listen to and print out the scores. The address is
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/us ... asturiana/
Best wishes,
thorralf wrote::D Hello Asturian musicians...

I hope that you are not embarrassed that a non-Asturian has joined the forum...
I want to explain....

As a teacher for the bodhrán (celtic framedrum) I got in contact with the fabulous music of Asturia and Galicia... In Germany the music is not really known and people only mention Ireland and Scotland when it comes to celtic music... unfortunately my Asturian is bad (because I don't know a single word :wink: ) Galician music is not hard to find, but I don't know any sources for traditional Asturian songs or sheets for dances.

The website CantaLibre collects music from all over the world to make it accessable for folk-musicians. I think if somebody describes the music best than a native Asturian. I would like to get in contact with all of you to make your wonderful music accessable to German folk-musicians, that do have interest in playing or singing it "the right way"

My wife plays the gaita (galega, sorry) and is interested in new material, too...

Return to “Music - Música”