Suarez in Spelter, West Virginia

Researching our ancestors in Asturias & America.<br>
Investigando nuestros antepasados en Asturias y America

Moderators: svgev, Maria Garcia Alvarez, Moderators

Bob

Suarez in Spelter, West Virginia

Post by Bob »

My father remembers a Suarez family in Spelter, West Virginia. They lived next to the Arriaz or Arias family in the early 1920's, and had three children: Lucy, Isaac, and a girl whose name he does not recall.

Bob Martinez
Last edited by Bob on Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Judy

Suarez Family

Post by Judy »

My grandparents were Roman and Ramona Suarez. My mother was Lucy.
I spent a lot of my childhood at my grandparent's home in Zeising (Spelter). We came across this web site after acquiring the book Pinnick
Kinnick Hill. The other child's name is Mary.
Judy Blanco McDonald
Bob

Post by Bob »

From his childhood in Spelter, West Virginia, my father remembers accompanying Isaac Suarez, who was taking lunch to his father in the zinc smelter. My dad also took lunches to his father in the smelter. Lunch was packed in a multi-level aluminum pail, with hot coffee on the lower level. Isaac Suarez tripped and fell, spilling the coffee and the rest of the lunch. My dad, who is also named Isaac, remembers Isaac Suarez's nickname as "Ifi."

Bob Martinez
tanyarm123

Post by tanyarm123 »

I live 1 mile from the spelter zinc plant in spelter.
morbreiz

Re: Suarez in Spelter, West Virginia

Post by morbreiz »

Bob wrote:My father remembers a Suarez family in Spelter, West Virginia. They lived next to the Arriaz or Arias family in the early 1920's, and had three children: Lucy, Isaac, and a girl whose name he does not recall.

Bob Martinez
Hola a tod@s.
Ante todo, en mi primer mensaje en estos foros, quiero presentarme y felicitaros por esta magnífica iniciativa. Mantengo la página de la Coordinadora Ecoloxista d'Asturies http://www.ecoloxista.org, que os animo a visitar. También disculparme por no escribir inglés (soy de aquellas generaciones que estudiaron francés en los colegios).
Sobre el tema que se está discutiendo, en el concejo de Grandas de Salime, en una aldea llamada Santa María existen dos casas solariegas: la de los Magadán y la de los Suárez.
Pues nada, desde Cangas del Narcea, un saludo a todos, si puedo ser de utilidad a alguien para suministrarle información de este concejo, no dudéis en preguntarme.

Return to “Genealogy - Genealogía”