FAQFAQ          SearchSearch          MemberlistMemberlist          UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile          Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages          Log inLog in          
Norma Diaz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Asturian-American Migration Forum Index -> General Discussion - Discusión general
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ron Gonzalez

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject: Norma Diaz Reply with quote

CLARKSBURG — Norma Diaz, 88, passed away Saturday, May 24, 2014, at The Heritage in Bridgeport, WV.
Ms. Diaz lived all her life in North View.
She is the daughter of the late Ramon Diaz and Gloria Alonso Diaz.
Surviving are a brother, George Diaz; a niece, Juliann Gorby of Myrtle Beach, SC; one nephew, David Diaz and wife Nancy of GA; two nieces by marriage, Linda Diaz and May Diaz; and several great-nieces and great-nephews.
There are three young ladies very close to her, Pam Perri Peet, Ruth Ann Perri Veech and Priscilla Perri Seasholtz.
She was preceded in death by three brothers, Tony, Julie and Homer; a sister-in-law, Daisy Diaz; and two nephews, Charles Diaz and Tommy Diaz.
Norma was a member of St. James Catholic Church in North View, where she was very active. She worked for more than 40 years in pharmacies.
Friends will be received at the Davis-Weaver Funeral Home, 329 E. Main St., Clarksburg, from 4-8 p.m. Monday. A Mass of Christian Burial will be held at the St. James Catholic Church at 10 a.m. Tuesday, May 27, 2014, with the Rev. Father Alfred Obiudu as celebrant. A vigil service will be held at 7:30 p.m. Monday at the funeral home. Interment will be in the Holy Cross Cemetery.

I will miss Norma, a true angle on earth always with a hug and a kiss her smile would light up a room . You can see Norma in the film AsturiasUS , more of our history gone ,as well as a very good friend.
Barbara Alonso Novellino

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May she rest in peace.

My Mom Angeline Montes Alonso originally from Clarksburg and later Moundsville, West Virginia where my Grandfather worked in the Smelter...is turning 102 in July.

My Dad Julius Garcia Alonso passed away in 1988 at the age of 82.

My Fraternal Grandparents were Jose Alonso and Dionisa Alonso who lived for a time in Grassella... before they returned to Luanco, Spain. My Maternal Grandparents were Adelino and Adelina Montes lived in Clarksburg and then moved to Moundsville.

We have family in Northview...The Llanesa family. (hope the spelling is right.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Asturian-American Migration Forum Index -> General Discussion - Discusión general All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: