thanks from David Acevedo Pitre

Please tell us how we're doing.<br>
Se ruega decirnos cómo andamos.

Moderator: Moderators

David Acevedo Pitre

thanks from David Acevedo Pitre

Post by David Acevedo Pitre »

Dear Moderator(s),

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for establishing such a phenomenal website/forum. Although my Del Valle family is from Cabezon de la Sal, in Cantabria, it's close enough to the Asturian boarder to consider myself kin to your participating members and readers. Please add me to your mailing list and forum/message board.

Saludos
David Acevedo y Pitre
Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Hello, David,

Thanks for you kind message. The western part of Cantabria, was actually Asturian not that long ago. You're certainly welcome to join us!

Please go to this page to sign up:
http://www.asturianus.com/forum/profile ... e=register

By the way, it's not a good idea to write your email address in an online forum. You'll receive tons of junk mail. I've removed it for you.

We look forward to hearing from you on the forum.
Terechu

Post by Terechu »

Hi David and welcome to the forum,
My husband's surname is Del Valle and he's from the a very extended branch of the Del Valles in eastern Asturias (Ribadesella mainly) close to Cantabria.
In fact, it may be the other way around and the Cantabrian Del Valles could well be of Asturian stock, as this surname is by far more common here than there. As Art says, Cantabria was part of Asturias for centuries.

You may also be pleased to know that our future queen, Letizia Ortiz, bears that surname on her paternal grandparents side, who are natives of Ribadesella county. In the end, you may very well all be all relatives. :D

And one more thing, Acebedo is a small village in the "Cordillera Cantábrica" mountains of the province of León, near the Asturian border.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hola David y bienvenido al foro,
Mi marido se apellida Del Valle y proviene de una rama de los Del Valle muy extendida en el oriente de Asturias (principalmente Ribadesella), cerca de Cantabria.
De hecho es muy posible que sea al revés y que los Del Valle cántabros sean de origen asturiano, ya que el apellido es mucho más frecuente aquí que allí. Como bien dice Art, Cantabria formó parte de Asturias durante siglos.

Quizás te alegraría saber que nuestra futura reina, Letizia Ortiz, también lleva ese apellido por parte de sus abuelos paternos, que son del concejo de Ribadesella. Al final igual soys todos parientes. :D

Y otra cosa más, Acebedo es un pequeño pueblo en la Cordillera Cantábrica, en la parte de León, muy cerca de la frontera con Asturias.

Saludos
Terechu

Return to “Feedback - Reacciones”