Family in USA

Researching our ancestors in Asturias & America.<br>
Investigando nuestros antepasados en Asturias y America

Moderators: svgev, Maria Garcia Alvarez, Moderators

Marta Elena Díaz García

Family in USA

Post by Marta Elena Díaz García »

:D Thanks to this forum I could get some new information about my relatives in USA that helped me to tie up some loose ends. For example, my great-aunt Aquilina ("Quela") moved from Ohio to California where she died. I had not this information.

I know that Aquilina had a daughter called Olga and a granddaugther also called Olga de Dent Fernández.....That is all I could found.
A brother of Aquilina, Bernardo Alvarez Fernández was also living in California (¿Sacramento?) but from him I could not find any news.

My other relatives I think they remained in Ohio. Canton. Their names are:
My great-aunt: Amada Alvarez Fernández....(changed to Amada García, husband name). His husband was Ramón García.
I have some pictures, probably from their sons but I am not sure of this. The names under the photos are: Arcadio García and Arturo García (1943).

Also, I should like to know if any of you have information about a cousin of my grandfather. My grandfather, José Díaz León, died in West Virginia in December 11th, 1921. The certificate of death says: Influenza and pneumonia. I know that a cousin of him was also there. His name was Victor Díaz. Something about him?......

Finally, it is too back in time, but two brothers of my great-grandmother went to New York, where they had some kind of shop or company. Their names were: Manuel Fernández-Arenas and Ramón Fernández-Arenas.
Ramón came back to Asturias and he was the person that created the football club in Avilés (he was called Ramón Ralla as he was born in Ralla, Molleda, Asturias, where I live). About Manuel and his family I have not any news.....

Thanks for any help.
Marta
Sweeney

Amada

Post by Sweeney »

Dear Marta:

Your great aunt Amada died in Stark, Canton, Ohio in April 1982.

Amada and Ramon Garcia had the following children: Arthur (born about 1921), Amada (~1923), Marie (~1924), Ramon (~1925) and Arcadio (~1926).

There is a Arcadio Garcia still living in Canton, Ohio. He very well may be your cousin or maybe the son of your cousin. I will send you his address in a private email.

I got this information from the Social Security Death index, www.Anywho.com, and the 1930 Ohio Census.

You may want to read my post named: Using US records for genealogical research. http://www.asturianus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=236

I hope this helps! 8)
Donna
Sweeney

death certificates

Post by Sweeney »

Dear Marta:

You can order OHIO death certificates from the following address:

Ohio Department of Health
Vital Statistics
246 North High Street, 1st Floor
Columbus, OH 43216
(614) 466-2531

You can download the proper request forms from www.vitalrec.com. The cost of a certificate is $15 American dollars. You can also order records online at www.vitalrec.com.

Good luck with your search. Please email me if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Donna 8)

PS: Ramon Garcia died in 1980.
Donna
Marta Elena Díaz García

Photos

Dear Donna:
I should like to send some old pictures of my relatives but I don´t know how to do it :( . I went to the Photo Album but there is another link that did not helped me :cry: ....Please, could you help me with this.....
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!!

FELIZ NAVIDAD Y UN PROSPERO AÑO NUEVO.

MARTA :D [/code][/quote]
Sweeney

photos

Post by Sweeney »

Dear Marta:

You need to contact Art Zoller Wagner and tell him you want to add some photos to the album (he is the second person on the membership list). He will let you know where to email the photos and he will post them to the site.

Merry Christmas! 8)
Donna
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

There are two posts in the Administrative Support > Need Help? section:

http://www.asturianus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=114
http://www.asturianus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=48

I have emailed you my address. It usually takes me a while to process the photos. Don't forget to send the info needed for the photo album. The second post above explains what info we need.

feliz navidad![/url]
VICKIE

Post by VICKIE »

Marta-
I am new to this site and like you tring to put pieces of my family puzzle together. I read in your post:
I know that Aquilina had a daughter called Olga and a granddaugther also called Olga de Dent Fernández.....
The reason i am re-plying may not be anything but the name OGLA FERNANDEZ is one of the names my mother remember's from her growing up days in CHERRYVALE, KANSAS another smelter town.
Vickie
VICKIE
Marta Elena Díaz García

Olga Fernández

Dear Vickie:
Thank you for your mail. I had no news about Olga Fernández living in Kansas, but it may be probably she is the same person your mother remember.
In the photo album of this page you can find some pictures of my family, and a photo of Linda de Dent Fernández (dancing), the daughter of Olga.
Please, let your mother to see the pictures. It is probable she can recognize the daughter of Olga.
Thanks again. Keep in touch,

Marta
VICKIE

pictures

Post by VICKIE »

Marta,
Thanks for the reply, I will show my mother the pictures. It may be a few weeks before I see her, for she lives in a diffent town.
Thanks,
Vickie
VICKIE
Ray Fernandez

Post by Ray Fernandez »

Hello: I recently became aware of this forum and these posts. Aquilina Alvarez Fernandez was my grandmother and Ramon Fernandez my grandfather. I am Raymond III, my father was one of Aquilina and Ramon's sons, also named Raymond. I realize that much time has passed since these posts, but if you would like to continue the discussion, I would be happy to share what I know about my family. I am interested in my family in Spain. Thank you.
Ray Fernandez
Marta Elena Díaz García

Happy news!

Hello Raymond,
I am very happy you contact me!. After so many years! I can't believe.
Of course, I will be delighted if you share with me information. I am working on the family tree and I could get back to about 1790-1800. This branch is also yours.
Please, keep in contact. As no e-mail can be wrote in messages, I'll send you a private one, through this forum.
Yours,
Marta
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Welcome to the forum, Ray. You've lucked into working with one of our master genealogists on the forum!

Return to “Genealogy - Genealogía”