Ramón Ralla, my great-grand uncle

Write about your favorite Asturian<br>
Escriba de un asturiano favorito

Moderator: Moderators

Joniwrite1

Jose Diaz Leon

Post by Joniwrite1 »

Hi Marta-

Your son Fran is a remarkable young man! We enjoyed his company and my husband took him to Virginia City, Reno, Lake Tahoe and finally San Francisco. He was lucky enough to be here for our vintage car event Hot August Nights and seemed to enjoy it.

I called Holy Cross Cemetery in Clarksburg, WV and spoke to the man who handles their 28 acres regarding your grandfather. There are many Diaz family members. They found Jose Diaz 1883-1918 (in the US most Spaniards used only there father's name). Could this be your grandfather? He promised to check for a middle name or initial.

I was also interested because my grandfather had an adopted brother by that name who lived in West Virginia. There is another man named Raymond Thomas Diaz, 1886-1934, who might be a brother or cousin?
Joniwrite1
Marta Elena Díaz García

Ramon Ralla Prize

Post by Marta Elena Díaz García »

Hello friends,

The Aviles Stadium team presented in September 2015, the “Ramón Ralla Prize”, as a mean to remember the figure of Ramón Ralla and to recognize his work to instil the sports among youth.

The U.C. Ceares got the I Ramón Ralla Prize (the Avilés Stadium lost the match). Some pictures can be seen in

http://www.futbolasturiano.es/noticias5/1467.htm

Yours,
Marta.

Return to “Asturian Hall of Fame - Sala de fama asturiana”