Surname Meléndez/Apellido Meléndez

Researching our ancestors in Asturias & America.<br>
Investigando nuestros antepasados en Asturias y America

Moderators: svgev, Maria Garcia Alvarez, Moderators

ada melendea

Surname Meléndez/Apellido Meléndez

Post by ada melendea »

Hello to all-
First of all I want to thank Art for invited me to the page. Is very interesting and warm. Like a told Art, my last name is Meléndez and I was looking for its origin it comes from Asturias. So I started searching information of Asturias and I end up here. Its interesting, because I learn something from the Meléndez...They are artists and in my Meléndez family we have something of artist. And I'm very proud to be a Meléndez.

Hola a todos-
Primero que nada quiero darle las gracias a Art, por invitarme a la pagina. Es muy interesante y acojedora. Como le habia mensionado a Art, mi apellido es Meléndez y estuve buscando el origen del mismo y encontre que su origen viene de Asturias. Es interesante, porque aprendi algo de los Meléndez...Son artistas y en mi familia Meléndez todos tenemos algo de artista. Estoy muy orgullosa de ser una Meléndez.
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Welcome to the forum, Ada. Tell us more about your family. Who were your grandparents and great-grandparents? Where did they migrate to? Where were they from?

----------------

Bienvenida al foro, Ada. Dinos más sobre tu familia. ¿Cómo se llamaron tus abuelos y bizabuelos? ¿A dónde emigraron? ¿Dónde nacieron?
ada melendea

Post by ada melendea »

You have just gave me an assignment... I will make some research on this. My parents are divorced and I was raised in USA and came back to Puerto Rico in '87 and met my father's family. Both of my grandparents are dead. I can began with my aunts and ask them. I know that my grandpa's name was Ignacio Melendez, like my father, and my grandma's was Carmen Montalvo. I don't now their second surname. My mother's name is Esperanza Velázquez Estrada, my grandma, Antonia Estrada Colón and my grandpa, Lucas Velázquez Maysonet.
melendezc

Post by melendezc »

Ada what was your grandfather's mother maiden name? For example my grandfather name was Clemente Melendez Diaz. Diaz is my great-grandmother maiden name. What town in PR was Ignacio born in?
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

I have moved Scott Meléndez-Stewart's message about his relative, Juan Gregorio Meléndez, who was born in Asturias around 1761, died in Corozal, Puerto Rico, and buried 7/21/1831. You'll find it here:
http://www.asturianus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4829

------------------

He movado un message de Scott Stewart-Melendez sobre un pariente, Juan Gregorio Meléndez, nacido en Asturias sobre 1761, murió en Corozal, Puerto Rico, enterrado 21 de julio 1831. Se ve aquí:
http://www.asturianus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4829

Return to “Genealogy - Genealogía”