Civil War mass grave excavations completed

Visual arts with movement over time: film, video, etc.<br>
Artes visuales con movimiento que dura un periódo de tiempo: cine, video, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Rvega

Civil War mass grave excavations completed

Post by Rvega »

I watched a special program on PBS televesion today called, "End of Waiting Time," about Spanish families whose loved ones disappeared during the long dictatorship of Gen. Francisco Franco. It Included their search for their relatives' remains and how the Franco era continues to reverberate in their lives. I was very moved by the courage of the people breaking their silence and helping to bring closure to so many families that suffered the loss of loved ones at the hands of Franco.
I also read the article "Archaeological excavations completed at Civil War mass grave in Málaga"

Read more: http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news/pu ... z0jWu3JIho

These things made me think of my grandfather's words when I was very young and asked about Spain. He said, "Too much war, too much killing."

I now see more clearly what my grandfather's words meant.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trans. Ana

He visto un especial en la PBS titulado “En of Waiting Time” (“El fin de la espera”) sobre familias españolas cuyos familiares desaparecieron durante la larga dictadura del General Francisco Franco. Se narraba la búsqueda de los restos de sus familiares y cómo la era de Franco continúa influyendo en sus vidas. Me emocionó el valor de estas personas para romper el silencio y ayudar a cerrar este capítulo a muchas familias que sufrieron la pérdida de seres queridos a manos de Franco. También he leído el artículo “Archaelogical excavations completed at Civil War mass grave in Málaga” ("Terminan las excavaciones en la fosa común de la Guerra Civil de Málaga").

Podéis leer más en http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news/pu ... z0jWu3JIho

Estas cosas me hacen recordar las palabras de mi abuelo, cuando siendo niño le pregunté por España. Me dijo: “Demasiada guerra, demasiadas muertes”. Ahora entiendo mejor lo que mi abuelo quería decir.
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

I suspect that was one reason my grandfather never wanted to return. The Civil War probably made it much easier for many Spanish immigrants to turn their backs on the land they had come from.

Thanks, Robert.

----------------

Sospecho que eso fue una de las razones que mi abuelo nunca quiso volver. Para muchos inmigrantes españoles, la Guerra Civil probablemente lo hizo mucho más fácil dar la espalda a la tierra de que había venido.

Gracias, Robert.
Jasm

Post by Jasm »

No sé, sí aqui es el lugar para poner lo siguiente
“Tiempo de Venganza” es un documental grabado en iPhone 6s+ y editado en iPad que narra la historia de Jesús Vázquez. Este hombre, vecino de Grado, logró escapar justo en el momento en que iba a ser fusilado en los días posteriores al final de la Guerra Civil en Asturias, en noviembre de 1937. Su testimonio fue decisivo para localizar la fosa común del Molín de Xilu, en la que siguen enterradas las veinte personas que se calcula que fueron fusiladas aquel día.
https://vimeo.com/197168952

Lo siento si no es el sitio.

I do not know, if here it is the place to put the following
"Time of Vengeance" is a documentary recorded on iPhone 6s + and edited on iPad that tells the story of Jesus Vazquez. This man, a neighbor of Grado, managed to escape just as he was about to be shot in the days following the end of the Civil War in Asturias in November 1937. His testimony was decisive in locating the common grave of the Molin de Xilu , In which are still buried the twenty people who are estimated to have been shot that day.

Sorry if this is not the site.

Return to “Time Media Arts - Artes de medios temporales”