Birth Place of my father, Arsenio Alvarez Alvarez

People, history, places, resources, & more.<br>
El pueblo, historia, lugares, recursos, & más.

Moderators: mariamatoyos, Moderators

Manuell Alvarez

Birth Place of my father, Arsenio Alvarez Alvarez

Post by Manuell Alvarez »

Hello,

The farm house where my father was born in 1902, now appears to be unoccupied. The last relative to live there was my first cousin, Fernando, who inherited the farm from his father, Jose, my father's oldest brother.

My father often spoke about going back one last time. He would ask my sister and me to research ocean liners because he had a weather related experience flying out of Cuba that kept him from ever flying again. He said that the Village of Vega de Peridiello reminded him of Harpers Ferry, West Virginia, where is buried along with my sister, Helene.

Here is a photo of the farm house where he was born along with his other eight siblings:

Manny

Jasm

Post by Jasm »

No sé si fue hermano de su padre, el 18/04/1916 es citado en el juzgado de Grado Joaquín Álvarez Álvarez era vecino de Vega de Peridiello parroquia de Gurullés, ausente en ignorado paradero, al ser demandado por José Álvarez Gracía, vecino de Vega de Peridiello, sobre la finca denominada Tierra de Barro, en la parroquia de Gurullés

Espero no haberle hecho perder el tiempo

I do not know if he was his father's brother, on 04/18/1916 he is summoned in the court of Grado Joaquin Alvarez Alvarez was a neighbor of Vega de Peridiello parish of Gurullés, absent in ignored whereabouts, being sued by José Álvarez Gracía, neighbor of Vega de Peridiello, on the farm called Tierra de Barro, in the parish of Gurullés

I hope I did not waste your time
Manuell Alvarez

Post by Manuell Alvarez »

I am not related to any of the individuals you have listed. Further, the farm was sold to someone other than a relative. This was confirmed by my American and Asturian second cousins. My first cousin Fernando was the last family member to own my grandparent's farm and live in Vega Peridiello. I do have a first cousin who inherited some property from his parents several miles away from the farm; however, his name is not among those you have listed. Lastly, I suspect that this is another farm that is in dispute. Thank you for your research, I appreciate the information.

Return to “About Asturias - Sobre Asturies”