Villanueva, Asturias

People, history, places, resources, & more.<br>
El pueblo, historia, lugares, recursos, & más.

Moderators: mariamatoyos, Moderators

Cristina Fernandez

Villanueva, Asturias

Post by Cristina Fernandez »

I have information that my grandmother Manuela Gonzalez Miranda (married Fernandez) was born January 25 1870, Villanueva, Asturias, Spain. Her mother was Luisa Miranda and her father was Francisco Gonzalez.

I have googled Villanueva and am confused by what I have found, as there seem to be a number of Villanuevas in Asturias, including parishes with that name. Someone in my family said she was from Grado.

I have a few questions I hope you can assist me with:)

1. Is there a church or civil office which I can contact via email near Villanueva, Asturias to see if her and records of the rest of my family are available? I would be happy to contact each church or records office near any Villanueva Asturias.

2. If she is from Grado, I learned that the church diocese is Pareda. I cannot locate a contact for them. the archdiocese is Grado. Anyone have an email that can be used to inquire about church records?

3. I am new to this site and hope to gain assistance and find family:)
Cristina Maria-Luisa Fernandez
Grandmother Manuela Gonzalez Miranda (Fernandez married); childres Fernando and Francisco Fernandez; Marie and Peter Moga
Bob

Post by Bob »

The Villanueva you are looking for is near the center of Asturias, south of Grado (Grau in Asturian) and Pravia, and west of Oviedo. It's very small, under 200 people ten years ago). You can find records in the Registro Civil for that area, but be sure to have your letter or email translated into Spanish. English is often understood in Asturias, but not universally, so writing in Spanish is not only courteous, but will maximize the chance of receiving a response. Here's the contact information.

Oficina Registro Civil (Grado), Plaza Longoria, s/n CP 33820, Asturias, España, Telephone - 985750067, Fax - 985753114, Email - mixto2.grado@justicia.es

Here's a link to the Archdiocese of Oviedo. http://www.iglesiadeasturias.org/cancil ... ia-general You can request the Pareda parish records, and also ask if the are birth, baptismal, marriage and death records at the Archdiocese level.
Jasm

Post by Jasm »

Villanueva pertenece a la parroquia de San Martín de Pereda, Concejo de Grado, se conservan libros de bautismo de las fechas que busca usted, pero casi seguro que están en el archivo del Arzobispado de Oviedo, archivo@iglesiadeasturias.org, especifique que es el San Martín de Pereda de Grado, porque hay otro de otro concejo.
El Registro Civil es que ha escrito Bob.
Sé que se han digitalizado censos de Grado del s. XIX, por parte de una organización religiosa norteamericana, y que cobra por verlos, y la copía que tiene el ayuntamiento no esta en internet, todavía.

El palacio de Villanueva The palace of Villanueva
http://asturiaspordescubrir.com/articulos/la-torre/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h0rFy2hVN4

Villanueva belongs to the parish of San Martin de Pereda, Council of Grado, baptism books are kept for the dates you are looking for, but almost certainly they are in the archives of the Archbishop of Oviedo, archivo@iglesiadeasturias.org, specify that it is the San Martin de Pereda de Grado, because there is another one of another council.
The Civil Registry is what Bob wrote.
I know that censuses of Grado of s. XIX have digilited by an American religious organization, and that charges to see them, and the copy that has the city council is not on the internet, yet

Sorry for the inconvenience, if I wasted your time.

I apologize by my English (I don't speak English)
Cristina Fernandez

Post by Cristina Fernandez »

Thank you Jasm!
I am excited to pursue these threads!

Gracias Jasm!
¡Estoy emocionado de perseguir estos hilos!

Lo siento por mi español - es google traducido
Cristina Maria-Luisa Fernandez
Grandmother Manuela Gonzalez Miranda (Fernandez married); childres Fernando and Francisco Fernandez; Marie and Peter Moga

Return to “About Asturias - Sobre Asturies”